Table of Contents
- Find Current Travel Nursing Jobs in New York
- New York Licensure Information and Requirements
- New York CEU Requirements
- What Is the Average Travel Nursing Salary in New York?
- How To Become a Travel Nurse in New York With Trusted Nurse Staffing in Three Simple Steps
- Why Should You Consider Becoming a Travel Nurse in New York?
- What Are The High-Demand Travel Nursing Specialities in New York Right Now?
- FAQs About New York Travel Nursing
Find Current Travel Nurse Jobs in Buffalo
Licensure Information and Requirements for Travel Nurse Jobs in Buffalo
For the most up-to-date information regarding New York licensure information and requirements, please visit the New York State Education Department.
New York is not a compact state, meaning travel nurses who wish to practice in the state (and do not have a license from the state of New York) must apply for licensure by endorsement.
RNs and LPN (or LVNs) must meet the following qualifications to apply for endorsement in New York:
- Completed a nursing program and be licensed in another state
- Submit your application for licensure
- Provide proof of Professional Education Certifications — this includes program transcripts — LPN/LVNs must submit a high school or secondary school transcript or diploma along with your application
- Verification of other professional licensure or certifications via this form or through Nursys®
- Coursework in child abuse reporting or infection control may be required in certain circumstances
Requirements for APRNs applying for endorsement in New York may vary based on your specialty. Visit New York State Education Department website for more information.
New York does not offer an option for a temporary licenese for out of state RNs and LPNs.
RNs and LPNs (or LVNs) applying for licensure by endorsement must include a $143 fee.
APRNs applying for licensure can find more information about the different fees per specialty license here.
Nurse Licensure Compact Status
New York is not a compact state. You must be licensed and registered as an LPN or RN by NYSED to practice nursing in the state.
Is New York a Walk-Through State?
No, New York is not a walk-through state.
RNs are required to complete three contact hours of infection control every four years; two contact hours child abuse (one time requirement for initial license).
LPNs are required to complete three contact hours of infection control every four years.
What Is the Average Salary for Travel Nurse Jobs in Buffalo?
The average salary for travel nurses in New York is $1,520 per week.
Cities in New York With the Highest Travel Nursing Salaries
The average salary for travel nurses in The Bronx, New York, is $1,705 per week.
The average salary for travel nurses in Queens Village, New York, is $1,699 per week.
The average salary for travel nurses in Yonkers, New York, is $1,633 per week.
The average salary for travel nurses in New Rochelle, New York, is $1,626 per year.
The average salary for travel nurses in Huntington, New York, is $1,619 per week.
Thousands of Nurses Love Partnering with Trusted Nurse Staffing
Trusted nurse staffing is such a great company to work for and they are so easy to work with. I love using them as my first company for travel nursing!
My recruiter did an amazing job at finding the best fit for me! An outstanding job with communication, updates and ensuring all my questions were answered!!
I have been with Trusted Staffing for about 18 months now. I have essentially been working local contracts, but the experiences have been memorable. My recruiter, is always available when I have a question or concern. Travel nursing is something all nurses should experience. I can't wait until I can do some serious traveling
Every member of this company I’ve interacted with has exceeded my expectations. My recruiter, Alex, is so commutative and goes above and beyond always. I can’t imagine switching to another company!
I have had the best experience with Trusted Nurse Staffing. My recruiter Tom is amazing. He always treats me with respect and as a friend. He is on top of everything I need. And when my Dad passed away, he helped me with time off, no problem and they even sent me a beautiful comfort box that was very helpful. Fully recommend this agency.
How To Apply for Buffalo Travel Nurse Jobs With Pronto
Head over to the Trusted Nurse Staffing website and create your free online profile to quickly browse the listings for New York travel nurse jobs. And if you like, we can make things even easier for you by letting you know of any new openings that match your requirements.
Next, Trusted Nurse Staffing will put you in touch with one of our professional travel nurse recruiters. Your recruiter will be able to answer any questions about becoming a travel nurse to New York, help you throughout the hiring process, and provide you with ongoing support throughout your travel nurse experience.
Finally, you will sign your contract and get ready to start your adventure as a travel nurse in New York. Once your assignment is over, we will be here to help you find your next travel nursing position. And, if you love where you are working and want to stay, we can help you extend your assignment.
Why Should You Consider Becoming a Travel Nurse in Buffalo?
It comes as no shock that New York is a popular travel nursing destination. With many hospitals and healthcare facilities, travel nurses flock to assignments in the “Empire State.”
As a travel nurse to New York, you will never have a dull moment. The state is known for its iconic attractions and the possibilities for weekend road trips are virtually endless.
If you accept one of the many New York travel nurse jobs you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Catch a Broadway show
- Feel the mist of Niagara Falls
- Tour the Statue of Liberty
- Take a stroll through Central Park
- Visit Rockefeller Center
- Twirl around in Times Square
- Check out the New York Stock Exchange
- Go deep-sea fishing off the shores of Long Island
- Hike the Catskill Mountains
- Take a Sunday drive through the scenic Hudson Valley
- Take a tour of the Vanderbilt mansion
- Ride the New York subway
- Take in the New York City Ballet
And what about New York travel nurse jobs? With a grand total of 215 hospitals in the state, there is no shortage of travel nurse assignments in New York.
What Are The High-Demand Travel Nursing Specialities in Buffalo Right Now?
Labor and Delivery
Post-Anesthesia Care Unit
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Intensive Care Unit
FAQs About Buffalo Travel Nursing
What Are Your Active Travel Nurse Assignments in New York City?
Are you interested in New York City travel nurse assignments? We can help. Simply create your free online profile and one of our Trusted Nurse Staffing recruiters will connect you with a position that is right for you.
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in New Hyde Park?
Looking for travel nurse positions in New Hyde Park, New York? Start your search for New Hyde Park, New York travel nurse jobs by creating a free profile on our website.
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Buffalo, New York?
Are you looking for Buffalo, New York travel nurse jobs? We’ve got you covered. Create a free profile on our website to begin your search today. We’ll even notify you each time a new position becomes available.
Which New York Travel Nurse Jobs Have the Lowest Cost of Living?
It’s no secret.
The cost of living in the Empire State is considerably higher than other states.
One way to get the most out of your New York travel nurse job is to choose an assignment in a city with a lower cost of living.
These cities top the list when it comes to being the most economical places to live in the state of New York:
- Lake Placid
- North Tonawanda
- Saratoga Springs
New York Travel Nurse Housing: How Do I Go About Finding Housing?
When you are on the hunt for travel nurse housing in New York you have a couple of options to choose from:
- You can opt to let your travel nurse agency do all the work and quickly and easily settle into ready-to-go agency-based housing.
- You can choose to take advantage of your travel nurse housing stipend and find your own New York travel nurse housing. This way, you get to select the style of housing you would like such as an apartment, studio, or a house, as well as the type of neighbourhood you prefer.
And if you decide to select your own housing, your Trusted Nurse Staffing recruiter is ready and waiting to share insight into where some of our past traveling nurses have lived. We can even get you into contact with other Trusted Nurse Staffing travel nurses who may be looking for a roommate.
What Benefits Do I Receive as a Travel Nurse in New York?
Travel nurse benefits will vary from agency to agency.
When you choose Trusted Nurse Staffing over the other travel nursing agencies in New York you will have benefits not offered by some other agencies.
At Trusted Nurse Staffing you will receive:
- The industry’s highest rate of pay
- 401K plans
- Flexible contracts ranging between 6, 8, and 13 weeks long
- Both part-time and full-time positions
- 24/7 access to your travel nurse recruiter
- Overtime and double-time availability
- The option for weekly, daily, and advanced pay
- Sign-on and completion bonuses
- A referral bonus plan
- A loyalty program
- License, CEU, and certification reimbursements
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield insurance plans
- Customized benefits packages
- Housing, travel, and meal allowances
- A direct deposit payment option
Why Should I Apply For New York Travel Nurse Jobs With Trusted Nurse Staffing?
Trusted Nurse Staffing is different.
Besides the terrific benefits we offer, the main difference between Trusted Nurse Staffing and the other travel nursing agencies is the personalized support we provide to our nurses.
Our support team is available around the clock to answer your questions and provide you with the highest level of care before, during, and after every nursing assignment.