Table of Contents
- Find Current Rhode Island Travel Nursing Jobs
- Rhode Island Licensure Information and Requirements
- Rhode Island CEU Requirements
- What Is the Average Travel Nursing Salary in Rhode Island?
- How To Become a Travel Nurse in Rhode Island With Trusted Nurse Staffing in Three Simple Steps
- Why Should You Consider Becoming a Travel Nurse in Rhode Island?
- What Are The High-Demand Travel Nursing Specialities in Rhode Island Right Now?
- FAQs About Rhode Island Travel Nursing
Find Current Travel Nurse Jobs in Rhode Island
Rhode Island Licensure Information and Requirements
For the latest up-to-date information on licensure requirements and fees, visit the Rhode Island Board of Nursing website.
Since Rhode Island isn’t officially a part of the NLC yet, you can apply for Licensure by Endorsement to work as a travel nurse in the state.
If you’ve passed the NCLEX Exam and are licensed in another state you may apply for license by endorsement by providing the following:
- Proof of Rhode Island residence by providing a driver’s license, tax return, or lease (if you plan on making RI your primary residence)
- A national background check with fingerprints from the Department of Attorney General
- Verification through Nursys® from all other state boards in which a license was issued. If you’ve held a California or Pennsylvania license, you must request verification directly from that state’s board
Official transcripts are not required if you are applying by endorsement. Temporary permits are currently not available.
Licensing fees for RNs in Rhode Island are as follows:
- RN initial application by endorsement – $135
- RN Renewal – $135
- Background check – $35
Nurse Licensure Compact Status
Rhode Island is currently pending legislation to join the NLC.
Is Rhode Island a Walk-Through State?
Rhode Island is not a walk-through state.
Rhode Island CEU Requirements
Nurses renewing their licenses must complete 10 continuing education hours for every two-year licensing cycle, two of which must be about substance abuse.
All CE courses must be approved by the Rhode Island Board of Registration and Nursing Education. Approved courses include:
- Courses approved by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Any department or school of nursing approved by a board of nursing; or
- Other professional, labor organization, or accrediting agency approved by the Board
Upon renewal, nurses must sign a statement confirming completion of the CE requirements.
If the nurse has suffered a hardship, the Board reserves the right to extend CE requirements for six months.
Effective as of August 1, 2019, the Rhode Island Board of Nursing made it mandatory for every nurse to complete one hour (per career) of CEU training regarding Alzheimer’s disease.
Nurses should retain documentation of course completions for four years.
What Is the Average Travel Nursing Salary in Rhode Island?
If you’re looking for an excellent travel nurse salary, Rhode Island might be for you.
Salaries can vary depending on which city and specialty you work in, but most Rhode Island travel nurses have a higher salary than the national average. The average pay for a travel nurse in Rhode Island is $1,493.
In addition to a high-paying travel nurse salary, travel nurses receive benefits like travel, meal, and housing stipends, bonuses, medical benefits, and more.
Cities in Rhode Island With the Highest Travel Nursing Salaries
The average weekly travel nurse salary in Westerly, RI is $1,508.
The average weekly travel nurse salary in Narragansett, RI is $1,494.
The average weekly travel nurse salary in Tiverton, RI is $1,492.
The average weekly travel nurse salary in Providence, RI is $1,488.
The average weekly travel nurse salary in Warwick, RI is $1,488.
Thousands of Nurses Love Partnering with Trusted Nurse Staffing
Trusted nurse staffing is such a great company to work for and they are so easy to work with. I love using them as my first company for travel nursing!
My recruiter did an amazing job at finding the best fit for me! An outstanding job with communication, updates and ensuring all my questions were answered!!
I have been with Trusted Staffing for about 18 months now. I have essentially been working local contracts, but the experiences have been memorable. My recruiter, is always available when I have a question or concern. Travel nursing is something all nurses should experience. I can't wait until I can do some serious traveling
Every member of this company I’ve interacted with has exceeded my expectations. My recruiter, Alex, is so commutative and goes above and beyond always. I can’t imagine switching to another company!
I have had the best experience with Trusted Nurse Staffing. My recruiter Tom is amazing. He always treats me with respect and as a friend. He is on top of everything I need. And when my Dad passed away, he helped me with time off, no problem and they even sent me a beautiful comfort box that was very helpful. Fully recommend this agency.
How To Become a Travel Nurse in Rhode Island With Trusted Nurse Staffing in 3 Simple Steps
Visit the Trusted Nurse Staffing website and create your free online profile. You will be able to quickly browse the listings for travel nursing jobs in Rhode Island. If you like, we can make things even easier for you by letting you know of any new openings that match your requirements.
Next, you will be contacted by one of our professional Trusted Nurse Staffing recruiters. Your recruiter will be able to answer any questions you may have about travel nursing jobs in Rhode Island, will walk you through the hiring process, and provide you with ongoing support throughout your travel nurse experience.
Lastly, you will sign your contract and get ready to hit the road. Once your assignment is over, we will be here to help you find your next nursing position. And, if you love your current spot and want to stay, we can help you extend your assignment. Or, if you prefer, we can help you find a new assignment in another state.
Why Should You Consider Becoming a Travel Nurse in Rhode Island?
If you are looking for the epitome of quaint New England charm, look no further. The country’s smallest state, Rhode Island is a popular place both to live and visit.
With over 400 miles of amazing coastline and wooded forests, Rhode Island is a great place for the outdoor lover. You’ll find plenty of opportunities for sailing, hiking, fishing, and collecting shells.
You won’t be able to resist the character and charm of Rhode Island’s cities and small-town alike.
- Tour The Breakers, Cornelius Vanderbilt’s 1895 Gilded Age mansion In Newport
- Peruse the shops in downtown Portland
- Spend the day at Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence
- Visit the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport
- Camp at Burlingame State National Park In Charlestown Lemon
- Take a tour of the Rhode Island Lighthouse Located on Rose Island in Narragansett Bay in Newport
Rhode Island is home to thriving fishing and shellfish farming Industries which means you’ll be eating some of the freshest seafood you’ve ever tasted including:
- Clam chowder
- Clam cakes
And while you’re at it, you won’t want to miss these Rhode Island specialties:
- Del’s frozen lemonade
- Coffee milk (the official state drink)
You will also be pleased to know that Rhode Island is one of the safest states in the US, with a crime rate significantly below national levels.
What about Rhode Island travel nursing jobs? There are plenty of positions available for travel nursing in towns and cities throughout the state.
What Are The High-Demand Travel Nursing Specialities in Rhode Island Right Now?
Labor and Delivery
Post-Anesthesia Care Unit
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Intensive Care Unit
FAQs About Rhode Island Travel Nursing
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Providence?
Are you looking for a travel nursing job in Providence, Rhode Island? We’ve got you covered. Create your free online profile with Trusted Nurse Staffing and begin your search today. We will even notify you each time a new posting becomes available.
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Cranston?
Interested in Cranston travel nursing jobs? Start your search for Cranston, Rhode Island travel nursing jobs today by creating your free online profile with Trusted Nurse Staffing.
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Warwick?
Looking for Rhode Island travel nursing jobs? Be sure to check out Warwick. Simply create your free online profile and one of our Trusted Nurse Staffing recruiters will connect you with a position that is right for you.
Which Rhode Island Travel Nurse Assignments Have The Lowest Cost Of Living?
One way to boost your take-home pay on Rhode Island travel nursing jobs is to choose an assignment in a city with a lower cost of living.
Here are the top 10 best places to live in Rhode Island:
- Narragansett Pier
- Cumberland Hill
- Newport East
Housing For Travel Nurses in Rhode Island: How Do I Go About Finding Housing?
When you are on the hunt for housing for Rhode Island traveling nurse jobs you have a couple of options:
- You can let the travel nursing agency do all the work by helping you settle into ready to go agencies based housing.
- You can choose to take advantage of your housing stipend and find your own lodging. This option lets you choose the style of housing you would like as well as the neighborhood you prefer to live in.
If you decide to find your own housing, your Trusted Nurse Staffing recruiter will be ready and waiting to offer insight into where some of our past traveling nurses have resided. We can even help you connect with other traveling nurses who may be looking for a roommate.
How Do I Find The Best Travel Nursing Agencies In Rhode Island?
Overwhelmed by the multitude of options for travel nursing agencies in Rhode Island? Here are a few ideas that will help narrow your search:
- Take a look at other traveling nurses’ online reviews of the companies they used during their Rhode Island travel nursing jobs.
- Contact recruiters from several agencies. This way you will get a good idea of how easy it is to get in touch with the agency as well as how they may support you during your Rhode Island travel nursing jobs.
And don’t forget to look closely at the benefits offered. Just because an agency offers a better rate of pay doesn’t mean they’ll have the best benefits.
What Benefits Do I Receive As A Travel Nurse In Rhode Island?
You’ll find that travel nurse benefits vary from agency to agency.
When you choose Trusted Nurse Staffing over the other travel nursing companies in Rhode Island you will have options for benefits not offered by some other agencies.
At Trusted Nurse Staffing you will receive:
- The industry’s highest rate of pay
- 401K plans
- Flexible contracts ranging between 6, 8, and 13 weeks long, plus more
- Both part-time and full-time positions
- 24/7 access to your travel nurse recruiter
- Overtime and double-time availability
- The option for weekly, daily, and advanced pay
- Sign-on and completion bonuses
- A referral bonus plan
- A cool loyalty program
- License, CEU, and certification reimbursements
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield insurance plans
- Customized benefits packages
- Housing, travel, and meal allowances
- A direct deposit payment option
How Long Are Rhode Island Travel Nursing Jobs?
When it comes to the length of nursing assignments Rhode Island offers plenty of choices. As one of the top travel nursing agencies in Rhode Island, Trusted Nurse Staffing offers you flexible contracts with options for 6, 8, and 13-week nursing assignments. And if you wind up loving your travel nursing experience in Rhode Island, your Trusted Nurse Staffing recruiter can help you extend it.
Why Should I Apply For Rhode Island Travel Nursing Jobs In With Trusted Nurse Staffing?
Trusted Nurse Staffing isn’t like other travel nursing companies.
Besides the awesome benefits we offer our nurses, the biggest difference between Trusted Nurse Staffing and the other travel nursing agencies is the personalized support we give our nurses.
Our nurse staffing team is available around the clock to answer your questions and provide you with the highest level of care before, during, and after each nursing assignment.