Table of Contents
- Find Current Travel Nursing Jobs in Wyoming
- Wyoming Licensure Information and Requirements
- Wyoming CEU Requirements
- What Is the Average Travel Nursing Salary in Wyoming?
- How To Become a Travel Nurse in Wyoming With Trusted Nurse Staffing in Three Simple Steps
- Why Should You Consider Becoming a Travel Nurse in Wyoming?
- What Are The High-Demand Travel Nursing Specialities in Wyoming Right Now?
- FAQs About Wyoming Travel Nursing
Find Current Travel Nurse Jobs in Wyoming
Wyoming Licensure Information and Requirements
If you have a multi-state nursing license, you’re in luck. Wyoming is a compact state, and you will not need to apply for a Wyoming nursing license if you already have a multi-state nursing license.
If you don’t hold a nursing license from a compact state, don’t worry. You can still apply for a Wyoming nursing license by endorsement.
To receive a Wyoming nursing license by endorsement, you’ll need to:
- Create an account on the Wyoming Board of Nursing website. Select the Nurse Portal link on our website and create an account. Once you have created an account, you may select the “apply for licensure” box in the upper right-hand corner and select the appropriate application by endorsement. Read all of the instructions carefully before completing the application.
- Pay all necessary fees including licensure fee ($135), criminal background check fee ($60), and processing fee ($5).
We only accept credit/debit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or a debit card. If you do not have a credit card or debit card, you can purchase a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover gift card at many banks or credit unions or at discount stores such as Walmart to pay for the online application.
- Pass a criminal background check. All individuals seeking a nursing license in the state of Wyoming must submit, along with the other requirements for licensure, fingerprint cards. These are used to obtain a Criminal Background Check (CBC) from the Department of Criminal Investigations (DCI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).
- Submit verification of your current nursing license. The Wyoming Board of Nursing permits licensure verification through Nursys®. If your original state of licensure does not participate in Nursys®, you will need to complete the LPN-RN Verification Form and forward the form to your original.
- Submit your official transcripts with the degree posted, and the date awarded to WSBN from the school, either electronically (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through the mail.
Please allow up to forty-five (45) business days to complete the process. However, once we have received all required documents (i.e. verification, transcripts, etc.) and the CBC, we will issue your license.
A temporary permit (good for 90 days) may be requested on an application. Once we have received a complete application (i.e. transcripts, license verification, fingerprint cards, etc.) a temporary permit is usually issued within 1-3 business days.
Application fees for licensure by endorsement include:
- Licensure fee: $135
- Background check: $60
- Processing fee: $5
- Temporary permit: $25
Nurse Licensure Compact Status
Wyoming participates in the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
Is Wyoming a Walk-Through State?
Wyoming is not a walk-through state.
Wyoming CEU Requirements
The CEU requirements in Wyoming are as follows:
Nurses must meet one of the following every two years:
- 400 hours of active nursing practice: no additional continuing education.
- 200 hours of active nursing practice: 15 hours of continuing education.
- Less than 200 hours of active nursing practice: 30 hours of continuing education.
The Wyoming State Board of Nursing does not offer approval of educational programs. Wyoming is willing to accept courses approved by continuing nursing education (CNE) approved for nursing contact hours by an accredited provider or approver of nursing continuing education such as a board of nursing
Other types of accepted continuing education include:
- Continuing medical education (CME) approved for CME hours
- Sponsored by organizations, agencies, or educational institutions accredited or approved by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), or the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Professional organization (some examples include):
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM)
- American Psychiatric Association (APA)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA)
- Emergency Nurses Association (ENA)
- National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health (NPWH)
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Associates and Practitioners (NAPNAP)
What Is the Average Travel Nursing Salary in Wyoming?
Travel nurse salaries in Wyoming are 1,261/week, below the national average of $1,417/week.
Although working with Trusted Nurse Staffing means receiving the highest pay in the industry, we believe in giving our even nurses more. That’s why, on top of high earning potential, we also offer:
- Top-notch benefit plans
- Sign-on and completion bonuses
- 24/7 support
- Meal and travel allowances; and
- Much more
Cities in Wyoming With the Highest Travel Nursing Salaries
The average travel nurse salary in Sheridan, Wyoming, is $1,336/week.
The average travel nurse salary in Cody, Wyoming, is $1,336/week.
The average travel nurse salary in Casper, Wyoming, is $1,320/week.
The average travel nurse salary in Laramie, Wyoming, is $1,301/week.
The average travel nurse salary in Rock Springs, Wyoming, is $1,300/week.
Thousands of Nurses Love Partnering with Trusted Nurse Staffing
Trusted nurse staffing is such a great company to work for and they are so easy to work with. I love using them as my first company for travel nursing!
My recruiter did an amazing job at finding the best fit for me! An outstanding job with communication, updates and ensuring all my questions were answered!!
I have been with Trusted Staffing for about 18 months now. I have essentially been working local contracts, but the experiences have been memorable. My recruiter, is always available when I have a question or concern. Travel nursing is something all nurses should experience. I can't wait until I can do some serious traveling
Every member of this company I’ve interacted with has exceeded my expectations. My recruiter, Alex, is so commutative and goes above and beyond always. I can’t imagine switching to another company!
I have had the best experience with Trusted Nurse Staffing. My recruiter Tom is amazing. He always treats me with respect and as a friend. He is on top of everything I need. And when my Dad passed away, he helped me with time off, no problem and they even sent me a beautiful comfort box that was very helpful. Fully recommend this agency.
How To Become a Travel Nurse in Wyoming With Trusted Nurse Staffing in 3 Simple Steps
Visit our website and create a free travel nursing profile. Here you can search through the hundreds of open travel nursing jobs in Wyoming. If you don’t find something right away, we’ll contact you with any new travel nurse jobs in Wyoming as they become available.
Once you’ve found a job that matches your needs, you’ll connect with one of our fantastic Travel Nurse Staffing recruiters. Your recruiter will answer any questions and help you secure the perfect travel nursing assignment in Wyoming.
You’ve selected your assignment. Now it’s time to sign your contract, pack your bags, and head to Wyoming.
If you complete your assignment and find Wyoming feels like home, our staff can help extend your contract. And the same thing goes if you find you aren’t a fan of Wyoming or your assignment. As soon as your contract ends, we’ll have your next adventure planned.
Why Should You Consider Becoming a Travel Nurse in Wyoming?
Once you see the picture-perfect views and natural landscape of Wyoming, you may never want to leave. Many travel nurses choose to spend their off days enjoying a wide range of outdoor activities, from hiking to horseback riding, spelunking, skiing, kayaking, and more.
Who could visit Wyoming and not explore its incredible national and state parks? You would be remiss not to experience Yellowstone National Park. Other state treasures include Grand Teton National Park, Bighorn National Forest, and Devil’s Tower National Monument. All of these parks are sure-to-impress experiences, teeming with wildlife and breathtaking landscapes. If you’re into photography, make sure to put these national parks on your to-do list.
Looking for a little relaxation? Make a day trip to Thermopolis and visit the Hot Springs State Park, where you can soak in mineral springs that remain at a temperature of 104℉ year-round.
If you’re looking for a more big-city feel with a western flair, check out cities like Cody and Casper that offer a perfect mix of both. You also won’t want to miss out on the Cheyenne Frontier Days, an annual festival held in Cheyenne, Wyoming, every July. Here, you can experience the world’s largest outdoor rodeo along with other Western delights.
If you’re looking for travel nurse jobs, Wyoming is a great state to visit! And with all Wyoming has to offer, you may find yourself never wanting to leave The Cowboy State.
What Are The High-Demand Travel Nursing Specialities in Wyoming Right Now?
Labor and Delivery
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Post-Anesthesia Care Unit
Intensive Care Unit
FAQs About Wyoming Travel Nursing
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Sheridan?
Are you looking to take your next travel nurse assignment in Sheridan? Visit our website and create a free profile view all of our active job listings. If you don’t see any assignments that you are interested in, keep an eye out for notifications. We’ll let you know when Sheridan travel nursing jobs become available that match the qualifications on your profile.
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Casper?
If you’re looking for travel nursing jobs in Casper, simply log onto our website and create a free profile. From here, you’ll be able to view all of our active travel nurse job listings for Casper, Wyoming. If you aren’t finding the perfect travel nursing assignment for you, don’t worry. We will notify you when travel nursing jobs that fit the qualifications on your profile become available.
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Cody?
Are you looking for travel nurse jobs located in Cody? All you need to do is log onto our website and create a free profile to see what’s available. If you don’t find a travel nursing assignment to Cody that you fall in love with right away, keep an eye out for notifications. We will notify you when new travel nurse listings become available.
How Do I Find Housing For My Wyoming Travel Nurse Assignment?
Travel nurses have two options when it comes to securing housing for their Wyoming travel nurse jobs:
- You can take advantage of agency-placed housing. Your travel nurse agency will take care of finding and securing furnished housing for you that is close to your assignment.
- You can choose to take on the responsibility of finding your own housing accommodations and receive a housing stipend in return.
If you choose to find your own housing, make sure to connect with your Trusted Nurse Staffing recruiter. They may have additional insight based on the experience of previous Wyoming travel nurses. They may even be able to help you network with other like-minded travel nurses looking for roommates.
What Benefits Do I Receive As a Travel Nurse in Wyoming?
The benefits you can receive as a Wyoming travel nurse can vary depending on which travel nursing agency you choose to partner with.
It’s always a good idea to “shop around” and compare benefits packages among agencies before making a commitment, so you make sure you don’t miss out on any benefits you could be eligible for.
Here are a few of the benefits we offer at Trusted Nurse Staffing:
- Highest pay rates in the industry
- 401(k) plans
- Flexible contracts between 6, 8, and 13 weeks long
- Full-time and part-time work
- 24/7 access and support from your recruiter
- Overtime/double-time availability
- Weekly paychecks, daily pay, and advances
- Direct deposit payments
- Housing, meal, and travel allowances
- Customized benefits packages
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield insurance
- License, certifications, and CEU reimbursements
- A loyalty program
- Referral bonus plan
- Priority job order bonuses
- Sign-on and completion bonuses
How Do I Find The Best Travel Nursing Agency in Wyoming?
Looking for the best travel nursing agency in Wyoming can feel overwhelming. How do you know which one is really the best?
Here are a few steps you can take to ensure you’re signing on with the top travel nursing agency:
- Do a quick search for the agency online. Read the reviews and testimonials other travel nurses have left about working with the agency.
- Get a feel for how different travel nursing agencies in Wyoming will support you on your journey by interviewing recruiters from the agencies that interest you.
- Ask questions. Learn about the benefits you’ll receive and the contracts you’ll sign. Make sure you know what you’re getting into before signing on with an agency.
Trusted Nurse Staffing believes travel nurses deserve the best of the best. That’s why we’re pleased to offer the top salary in the industry — plus a host of other benefits.
Looking for a supportive agency? Look no further than TNS. Our team of recruiters is available 24/7 to answer your questions or take care of any concerns you may have.
Why Should I Apply To Travel Nursing Jobs in Wyoming With Trusted Nurse Staffing?
Not only does Trusted Nurse Staffing have the highest pay in the industry, but we also offer a huge benefits package that includes:
- Education reimbursements
- Sign-on and completion bonuses
- 401(k) plans
- Great healthcare packages; and
Aside from monetary benefits, we believe the most important quality of a travel nurse agency is communication and support — no matter where you’re working.
That is why our Trusted Nurse Staffing recruiters are available 24/7 to assist and offer support to our travel nurses whenever they need it.
Let us help you find the Wyoming travel nurse job that’s perfect for you.