Plantar fasciitis, swollen ankles, and an aching back that keeps you up all night.
Whether you are brand-new to travel nursing or have been on the road for years, you know just how critical it is to wear high-quality shoes while you’re on shift — and what can happen if you don’t.
It’s time for a new pair of nursing shoes, but a quick Google search for the best shoes for travel nurses gives you thousands upon thousands of results.
How do you sift through the possibilities to choose the ones that are right for you?
We’re glad you asked! We’ve compiled a list of the 11 top nursing shoe brands for travel nurses — shoes that will keep your feet happy and your body feeling energized on even the longest shift.
Table of Contents
- Features To Look For in the Best Nursing Shoe Brands for Travel Nurses
- What Kind of Shoes Should I Wear as a Nurse?
- 11 of the Most Popular Nursing Shoe Brands
- Searching for the Perfect Travel Nurse Assignment? Trusted Nurse Staffing Has You Covered
Features To Look For in the Best Nursing Shoe Brands for Travel Nurses
Nurses can’t wear just any old shoes.
You need shoes with special features that not only help your feet feel their best but also keep you safe in potentially hazardous conditions.
The best shoes for travel nursing are:
- Slip-resistant and water-resistant
- Loaded with cushioning
- Made with a roomy toe box that gives your feet space to expand
- Sharps-resistant to protect your feet from needles and other sharp objects
- Extra durable with a strong insole, midsole, and outsole
- Made with plenty of support and shock absorption
- Easy to clean
- Within your travel nursing budget
What Kind of Shoes Should I Wear as a Nurse?
When you’re a nurse, you’re constantly on your feet, and if you’re not careful, you can become susceptible to various foot health issues. That’s why we recommend the top nursing shoe brand names, including:
- Nurse Mates
Are you looking for a travel nurse agency? Look no further than Trusted Nurse Staffing.
When you work with Trusted Nurse Staffing, you can rest assured that your career is in the best possible hands. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and a personal experience every step of the way.
We offer many benefits, such as:
- Housing, meal, and travel allowances
- Flexible contracts
- 24/7 access to your recruiter
- And much more
Getting started with Trusted Nurse Staffing is easy! Simply use the Pronto job search to find available travel nurse assignments and pack your bags. (And don’t forget your shoes!)
11 of the Most Popular Nursing Shoe Brands
When you’re talking about the best nursing shoe brand names for travel nursing, many people automatically think of Dansko. Their incredibly comfortable shoes come in all kinds of styles, including the popular Professional Clog.
With its iconic silhouette, this slip-on clog features:
- A roomy, reinforced toe box
- A padded instep collar
- An anatomically contoured PU midsole
- An inner frame that provides stability and support
- An anti-fatigue rocker bottom to assist with forward motion
- A slip-resistant rubber sole
- A 2” heel to prevent standing fatigue
- A memory foam insole
- A protective heel counter that lets your heel move up and down freely while also giving lateral stability
And with 18 different styles to choose from, including fun patterns and designs, it’s easy to find the perfect pair of Danskos to express your unique personality.
If you’re a runner, you know all about Hoka.
But this popular shoe isn’t just for hitting the pavement.
Hoka’s Clifton 8 is a super comfy sneaker option for nurses and offers plenty of great colors to choose from.
This lightweight style by Hoka features:
- A streamlined silhouette
- A breathable mesh upper
- A Mega-Rocker that gives your foot an extra smooth ride
- Compression-molded EVA midsoles with plenty of cushioning
- A cushioned, slip-on tab behind the ankle that’s also designed to relieve pressure on your Achilles tendon
If you’re looking for a great pair of Orthopedic sneakers, you’ll want to check out Kuru.
This up-and-coming nursing shoe option is full of great features that will help you make the most of each shift, including:
- Extra arch support
- The KURUSOLE, designed to improve your alignment and posture
- A broad toe box that allows you to easily move your toes
- A breathable, moisture-wicking lining
- Breathable mesh uppers to keep your feet fresh and dry throughout your shift
- Lightweight rubber outsoles that ensure excellent traction
And you’ll be glad to know Kuru’s QUANTUM is one of their top-selling styles for nurses suffering from plantar fasciitis, heel pain, bone spurs, and fallen arches.
Meredith Sport is SoftWalk’s contribution to the service profession industry.
This classic clog’s design is perfect for the nurse who is looking for a shoe with total comfort.
Softwalk’s Meredith Sport clog gives you:
- A cushioned, removable footbed
- Solid arch support
- Elastic goring for comfort with every step
- A nylon shank for stabilization
- Leather uppers
- Microfiber lining throughout the footbed and upper
- Lightweight EVA soles with a slip-resistant gripping rubber pad system
- 1¾” heel height
- A padded ankle collar
With patterns ranging from cheetah to floral and everything in between, you are sure to find a unique style you love.
No surprise here. Crocs may be retrending in fashion, but they have been one of the top travel nursing shoe brands since their inception.
Like most of their styles, Crocs’ Bistro clog is designed for comfort and includes:
- Easy to clean, one-piece construction
- A closed-toe design to keep your feet protected on the job
- A thick metatarsal area
- Anti-slip rubber inserts in the sole
- An adjustable heel strap
- Crocs Lock™ slip-resistant treads
- Extra protection in the toes
The Bistro clog is available in a variety of solid colors or cool graphics, including tie-dye and floral.
When you’re in healthcare, you spend your working hours on your feet — stepping into 12-hour shifts, responding to codes and rapids, and often working all day and all night.
The makers of Clove understand the passion — and pressure — of being in healthcare.
Their team collaborated with a network of innovative designers and healthcare professionals to create a comfortable, stylish shoe that makes your nursing needs the top priority.
That’s why they designed the Women’s Classic, a modern sneaker specifically created to meet the unique demands of people on the front lines.
Their thoughtfully-crafted Women’s Classic:
- Is easy to clean
- Can be slipped on in seconds
- Is fluid-resistant
- Has grippy soles
- Provides all-day (and all-night) comfort
And they come in a wide array of cool colors.
When your feet are surrounded by the Clove Women’s Classic, you don’t have to be afraid of a little fluid. Or a lot.
Are you a sneaker lover?
If so, you will for sure want to check out Asics’ Gel-Challenger sneakers.
Loaded with comfort, there are many reasons these are considered one of the best shoes for travel nurses, including features like:
- PGuard™ toe protectors
- Ortholite® sock liners for moisture control
- WINGWALL™ technology for improved stability
- GEL® Technology Cushioning System for ultimate shock absorption
- Durable AHAR® Plus outsoles
- Removable liners
Asics’ Gel-Challenger sneakers come in a variety of cool color combinations you’re sure to love.
With nurses as their main audience, Nurse Mates is a company that knows a thing or two about what it means to be on your feet all day.
And the Dove Oxford is one of their all-time best-selling styles.
This is the perfect shoe for the nurse who wants an ultra-professional appearance and supreme comfort — all rolled into one great shoe.
Here’s what you get with the Dove Oxford:
- Easy slip-on design
- Stain-resistant, full-grain pebble leather
- Slip-resistant soles
- Dual side goring for stretch with every step
- A padded collar for extra comfort
- Supportive, removable, Pillowtop™ insole
- 1½ “ heel
Nurse Mates’ Dove Oxford is available in black or white.
What’s the top travel nursing shoe brand for the nurse wanting an eco-friendly option?
Take a look at Allbirds’ Tree Dashers sneakers.
This shoe was built to be high on performance and low impact on the environment.
Allbirds’ Tree Dashers are made from natural resources and have a simple design. Nothing flashy — just amazing comfort to keep you feeling great all shift long.
Tree Dashers are:
- Breathable; and
- Machine washable
They also feature:
- Seamless, one-piece construction
- A thermoregulating, FSC-certified TENCEL™ Lyocell (eucalyptus fiber) upper
- Lightly padded, no-slip heel collars for extra ankle support
- Stabilizing, castor bean oil-based foam insoles
- SweetFoam® midsoles made with sugarcane-based green EVA
- FSC-certified, naturally gripping rubber outsoles
- Bio-based nylon eyelets
- Shoelaces made from recycled plastic bottles
Get Tree Dashers in a myriad of color variations, plus cool limited-edition color combos.
Looking for the best shoes for travel nursing? Reebok’s Flexagon Force trainer sneakers are perfect for the nurse who wants a more sporty, athletic look.
Reebok is known for quality and support, and the Flexagon Force trainer boasts:
- A breathable mesh upper with seamless overlays for added support
- FuelFoam midsoles for optimal cushioning
- A textile lining
- A grooved outsole for plenty of flexibility
- Breathable mesh uppers to keep your feet odor-free
Flexagon Force trainer sneakers have great styling and come in multiple fun color schemes.
Skechers is a well-known nursing shoe brand.
But while they are famous for their high-performance boots, they also make a great pair of nursing sneakers.
If you want the perfect balance between workability and style, take a look at Skechers’ Sport Premium sneakers.
These nursing sneakers have:
- 100% leather uppers
- Lace-up vamps
- Shock-absorbing leather outsoles
- Easy-on heel finger loops
- Padded tongues and collars
- Supportive, shock-absorbing, memory foam midsoles
You’ll find Skechers’ Sport Premium sneakers in a bunch of colorful combinations.
Searching for the Perfect Travel Nurse Assignment? Trusted Nurse Staffing Has You Covered
Now that you’ve found the perfect pair of travel nursing shoes, let Trusted Nurse Staffing help you find the perfect travel nursing assignment to go along with them.
We specialize in providing nurses just like you with a wide range of staffing opportunities, including:
- Local and traveling assignments
- Permanent placements
- Temp to perm; and
- Per diem
And there are plenty of other great reasons to choose Trusted Nurse Staffing:
- You’ll have access to your recruiter 24/7. Do you have a question about stipends or housing? No problem; your recruiter is only a phone call away.
- Every new travel nurse receives a special welcome box filled with cool swag.
- Since we’re a smaller company, we’re always here to answer the phone and are standing by to address any questions or concerns that may arise.
- Every nurse receives full, prepaid health insurance, complete with a fully loaded HRA card.
- TNS offers dental and vision plans with options for both low and high deductibles.
- We staff an entire department that’s solely devoted to quality assurance, so we’re always ready to go to bat for our nurses if necessary.
- We were recognized as one of the leading national healthcare staffing companies in 2022.
- We offer flexible contracts in all 50 states, and we’re sure we can help you find the travel nursing job of your dreams.
- The concerns and questions of our nurses take top priority and don’t always take the hospital’s side. When you travel with Trusted Nurse Staffing, you can rest assured that you’re seen, heard, and valued.
- We have a fun loyalty program, and as your employment with us continues, you’ll accumulate points that are redeemable for awesome prizes.
What are you waiting for?
Check out Trusted Nurse Staffing’s Pronto app today, slip on those new shoes, and jump into a lifestyle of adventure doing the job you love!