Table of Contents
- Find Current Travel Nursing Jobs in Indiana 2024
- Indiana Licensure Information and Requirements
- Indiana CEU Requirements
- What Is the Average Travel Nursing Salary in Indiana?
- How To Become a Travel Nurse in Indiana With Trusted Nurse Staffing in Three Simple Steps
- Why Should You Consider Becoming a Travel Nurse in Indiana?
- What Are The High-Demand Travel Nursing Specialities in Indiana Right Now?
- FAQs About Indiana Travel Nursing
Find Current Travel Nurse Jobs in Indiana
Indiana Licensure Information and Requirements
For the most up-to-date information on licensure and fees in Indiana, visit the Indiana State Board of Nursing or contact their office by calling (317) 234-2023.
Indiana is part of the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), so you will not need an Indiana nursing license to practice travel nursing in this state if you have a valid license for another compact state.
However, if you don’t have a multistate license, you will need to apply for licensure by endorsement. Requirements include:
- Completing the application (online or paper)
- Providing active license verification
- Having a high school diploma or providing GED scores
- Submitting name change documentation, if applicable
- Submitting positive response documentation, if applicable
- Providing official documentation of graduation from a state-accredited program in nursing
- Submitting to a criminal background check
- Providing verification of licensure through:
- Verification of state licensure form for those states and territories not in the NursysⓇ program
Temporary permits (valid for 90 days) may be issued to nurses licensed in another state or U.S. territory who have applied for licensure by endorsement and submitted proof of current licensure.
Licensure fees are as follows:
- Licensure by endorsement – $50.00 application fee
- Temporary permit – $10
Nurse Licensure Compact Status
Indiana implemented the Nurse Licensure Compact on July 1, 2020.
Is Indiana a Walk-Through State?
Indiana is not a walk-through state.
Indiana CEU Requirements
RNs and LPNs are not required to obtain Continuing Education Units (CEU) for regular licensure renewal. However, if you want to renew a license that has been expired for three years or more, and you are not currently licensed in another state, you must contact the IPLA for instruction.
What Is the Average Travel Nursing Salary in Indiana?
The average travel nurse salary in Indiana ranges between $1,780 and $2,759 per week. Salaries vary depending on location and nursing specialty, but these numbers will give you a good idea of what you may expect in Indiana.
Cities in Indiana With the Highest Travel Nursing Salaries
The average travel nurse salary in Lafayette, Indiana, is $2,276 per week.
The average travel nurse salary in Indianapolis, Indiana, is $2,246 per week.
The average travel nurse salary in Evansville, Indiana, is $2,212 per week.
The average travel nurse salary in Mishawaka, Indiana, is $2,207 per week.
The average travel nurse salary in Fort Wayne, Indiana, is $2,188 per week.
Thousands of Nurses Love Partnering with Trusted Nurse Staffing
I love working with Trusted Nurse Staffing! I am new to traveling and they are always available with an answer to any question I may have! I love working in Indiana because you can have big city and small-town life all at the same time.
Trusted nurse staffing is such a great company to work for and they are so easy to work with. I love using them as my first company for travel nursing!
My recruiter did an amazing job at finding the best fit for me! An outstanding job with communication, updates and ensuring all my questions were answered!!
I have been with Trusted Staffing for about 18 months now. I have essentially been working local contracts, but the experiences have been memorable. My recruiter, is always available when I have a question or concern. Travel nursing is something all nurses should experience. I can't wait until I can do some serious traveling
Every member of this company I’ve interacted with has exceeded my expectations. My recruiter, Alex, is so commutative and goes above and beyond always. I can’t imagine switching to another company!
I have had the best experience with Trusted Nurse Staffing. My recruiter Tom is amazing. He always treats me with respect and as a friend. He is on top of everything I need. And when my Dad passed away, he helped me with time off, no problem and they even sent me a beautiful comfort box that was very helpful. Fully recommend this agency.
How To Become a Travel Nurse in Indiana With Trusted Nurse Staffing in 3 Simple Steps
Visit our Pronto job search to get started. There you’ll be able to search for travel nurse jobs in Indiana using filters based on your preferences. If you don’t find an assignment that suits you, we’ll update you when more travel nurse jobs in Indiana become available.
After you’ve perused the listings and found a job that suits you, it’s time to sign up and apply. You can do everything in Pronto, from uploading credentials to setting preferred dates and more.
If you’re new to the process and need help, someone from our Trusted Nurse Staffing support team will be happy to step in.
Once you’ve picked a travel nurse job in Indiana, the last step is to sign your contract and head to the Hoosier State. After you complete your contract, Trusted Nurse Staffing can help you extend it or help you find the next assignment on your travel nurse journey. We will be there to help you through each step.
Why Should You Consider Becoming a Travel Nurse in Indiana?
Dubbed the Crossroads of America, the Midwest state of Indiana is known for basketball, car racing, and its vast acres of farmland. If you are considering travel nurse jobs, Indiana may be just what you have been looking for.
History buffs will want to visit the Holocaust Memorial Museum in Indianapolis and Conner Perry Interactive Historic Park in Fishers, where you can take in 200 years of American History.
Check out the Indianapolis 500 car race, which runs on Memorial Day weekend each year at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Are you a wine connoisseur? You will be excited to find out that Indiana has more than 100 award-winning wineries to satisfy every palate.
And Indiana makes more popcorn than any other US state. How fun is that?
If the Great Outdoors is calling your name, you will want to be sure to visit Indiana Dunes National Park in northwest Indiana. At The Dunes, you will be able to experience miles of hiking trails and walking paths, camp out under a blanket of stars, and enjoy the vast array of wildlife.
Visit the shore of Lake Michigan and tour one of Indiana’s eight lighthouses.
What about nursing jobs?
You will be pleased to know that the medical community in Indiana is thriving, and hospitals in Indianapolis, Elkhart, South Bend, and Evansville, as well as the other cities in Indiana, are hiring today for travel nurse positions.
What Are The High-Demand Travel Nursing Specialities in Indiana Right Now?
FAQs About Indiana Travel Nursing
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Indianapolis?
Interested in travel nurse jobs in Indianapolis, Indiana? Indianapolis is a great place to live and work. Start your search for travel nurse assignments in Indiana by using the Pronto job search to find travel nurse assignments with Trusted Nurse Staffing.
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Fort Wayne?
Considering becoming a travel nurse in Fort Wayne, Indiana? Simply set your filters on Pronto and one of our Trusted Nurse Staffing recruiters will connect you with a position that is right for you.
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Bloomington?
Are you interested in being a travel nurse in Bloomington, Indiana? Use Pronto to help you find the Indiana travel nurse job of your dreams. The job search will even notify you each time a position fitting your desired filters becomes available.
Housing For Travel Nurses in Indiana: How Do I Go About Finding Housing?
“Choosing to accept a stipend doesn’t mean that your recruiter at Trusted Nurse Staffing won’t be there to help you along the way. Connect with us, and we can give you insights into the various areas and even connect you with rental properties used by travel nurses in the past.”
How Do I Find The Best Indiana Travel Nursing Agency?
Overwhelmed by the plethora of options for travel nursing agencies in Indiana?
Here are a few ideas to help hone your search:
- Check out other travel nurses’ online reviews of their travel nurse jobs in Indiana and the agencies they used.
- Contact travel nurse recruiters from several agencies. This way you have the opportunity to pick their brains and find out just how involved they are with their nurses. It is a great way to get a preview of how much support you might receive from the agency during your travel nurse jobs in Indiana.
- Be sure to take a close-up look at the benefits offered by each of the agencies. Just because an agency offers a high rate of pay doesn’t mean it would be the best option in the long run.
What Benefits Do I Receive As a Travel Nurse In Indiana?
Travel nurse benefits will vary from agency to agency.
When you decide to go with Trusted Nurse Staffing over the other options, you will be privy to benefits not offered by some other agencies.
As a nurse with Trusted Nurse Staffing, you will receive:
- 401(k) with 4% match after 1,000 hours and 1 year of employment
- Weekly Paychecks
- Direct Deposit
- Overtime/Double Time is Available
- Customizable Pay Packages
Top-Tier Bonus Opportunities:
- $1500 Referral Bonus Program
- Loyalty Program
- Sign-on & Completion Bonus
- Discount Program
Leading Health & Wellness Benefits:
- Employer Sponsored Health Insurance
- HRA Card to fully cover healthcare deductibles
- Guardian Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Benefits
Additional Insurance Benefits:
- Portable Permanent Whole Life Insurance
- License, Certifications & CEU reimbursements
- Portable Short-term/Longterm
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible contract options
- Full/Part Time Work, Per Diem
- Housing, Meal and Travel Stipends
- Rental Car Options
Best In Class and Communication:
- On Day 1, you’ll get matched with your own dedicated support team that includes clinical support, payroll, and compliance experts, with ongoing assignment advocacy.
How Long Are Travel Nurse Jobs In Indiana?
When it comes to the length of assignments for travel nursing, Indiana offers plenty of choices. As one of the top travel nursing agencies in Indiana, Trusted Nurse Staffing offers flexible contracts with options for 6, 8, and 13-week-long assignments, plus more.
And if you wind up loving your travel nursing experience in Indiana, your Trusted Nurse Staffing recruiter may even be able to help you extend it.
Why Should I Apply To Travel Nurse Jobs In Indiana With Trusted Nurse Staffing?
Trusted Nurse Staffing is different.
Besides the terrific benefits we offer, the biggest difference between Trusted Nurse Staffing and the other travel nursing agencies in Indiana is the personalized support we give each of our nurses.
Our Trusted Nurse Staffing recruiters are available around the clock to answer your questions and provide you with the highest level of care before, during, and after every nursing assignment.