Table of Contents
- Find Current Travel Nursing Jobs in Iowa
- Iowa Licensure Information and Requirements
- Iowa CEU Requirements
- What Is the Average Travel Nursing Salary in Iowa?
- How To Become a Travel Nurse in Iowa With Trusted Nurse Staffing in Three Simple Steps
- Why Should You Consider Becoming a Travel Nurse in Iowa?
- What Are The High-Demand Travel Nursing Specialities in Iowa Right Now?
- FAQs About Iowa Travel Nursing
Find Current Travel Nurse Jobs in Iowa
Iowa Licensure Information and Requirements
For the most up-to-date information on licensure and fees in Iowa, visit the Iowa Board of Nursing or contact their office by calling (515) 281-3255.
Iowa is part of the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), so you will not need an Iowa nursing license to practice travel nursing in this state if you have a valid license for another Compact state.
However, if you don’t have a multistate license, you will need to apply for licensure by endorsement.
Nurses seeking licensure by endorsement must meet these requirements:
- Graduation from a board-certified RN or LPN nursing program
- Passing the appropriate NCLEX exam
- Review of any past criminal convictions or record prior disciplinary actions
- Provide an Iowa or non-compact state mailing address
- Complete online application
Temporary licenses can be issued for 30 days by following these guidelines:
- Submit application for licensure by endorsement
- Complete the fingerprint cards and the criminal background waiver form
- Pay applicable fees
- Provide original license verification
- Have no criminal convictions
- Have no current disciplinary action against the nursing license from another state
Nurse licensing fees in Iowa are as follows:
- Application for licensure by endorsement – $169
- Application for temporary license – $169
Nurse Licensure Compact Status
Iowa implemented the Nurse Licensure Compact on January 19, 2018.
Is Iowa a Walk-Through State?
Iowa is not a walk-through state.
Iowa CEU Requirements
Nurses seeking to renew their licenses must complete continuing education requirements within the renewal period. Nurses should also keep their CE documentation for four years.
RNs and LPNs must complete 36 contact hours of continuing education.
What Is the Average Travel Nursing Salary in Iowa?
Travel nurse salaries vary according to location and specialty, but in general, travel nurses in Iowa can expect to make between $1141 and $1666.
Cities in Iowa With the Highest Travel Nursing Salaries
The average travel nurse salary in Des Moines, Iowa, is $1368 per week.
The average travel nurse salary in Ankeny, Iowa, is $1368 per week.
The average travel nurse salary in Urbandale, Iowa, is $1368 per week.
The average travel nurse salary in Ames, Iowa, is $1356 per week.
The average travel nurse salary in Davenport, Iowa, is $1348 per week.
Thousands of Nurses Love Partnering with Trusted Nurse Staffing
Trusted nurse staffing is such a great company to work for and they are so easy to work with. I love using them as my first company for travel nursing!
My recruiter did an amazing job at finding the best fit for me! An outstanding job with communication, updates and ensuring all my questions were answered!!
I have been with Trusted Staffing for about 18 months now. I have essentially been working local contracts, but the experiences have been memorable. My recruiter, is always available when I have a question or concern. Travel nursing is something all nurses should experience. I can't wait until I can do some serious traveling
Every member of this company I’ve interacted with has exceeded my expectations. My recruiter, Alex, is so commutative and goes above and beyond always. I can’t imagine switching to another company!
I have had the best experience with Trusted Nurse Staffing. My recruiter Tom is amazing. He always treats me with respect and as a friend. He is on top of everything I need. And when my Dad passed away, he helped me with time off, no problem and they even sent me a beautiful comfort box that was very helpful. Fully recommend this agency.
How To Become a Travel Nurse in Iowa With Trusted Nurse Staffing in 3 Simple Steps
Create your free online profile with Trusted Nurse Staffing to see the listings for travel nurse jobs in Iowa. Don’t find what you’re looking for? No worries! We’ll update you when more travel nurse jobs in Iowa become available.
After you’ve looked through the listings and found some that interest you, one of our Trusted Nurse Staffing recruiters will contact you to answer your questions about travel nurse positions in Iowa. They will walk you through each step of the application process. If you’re a veteran travel nurse, you’ll find everything you need on the website to manage the application process on your own.
Once you’ve picked a travel nurse job in Iowa, the last step is to sign your contract and head to the Hawkeye State. After you complete your contract, Trusted Nurse Staffing can help you extend your contract or help you find the next assignment on your travel nurse journey. We will be there to help you through each step.
Why Should You Consider Becoming a Travel Nurse in Iowa?
Interested in travel nursing? Iowa may be just what you’re looking for.
Known for its rolling plains, gorgeous sunsets, and waving fields of corn, Iowa is a slice of true Americana.
If it is great food you love, Iowa is sure to please. How could you go wrong in a state that has chosen s’mores as its official state snack? During your travel nursing jobs in Iowa, you’ll want to be sure to try these Iowa specialties:
- Melt in your mouth pork tenderloin
- A Maid-Rite sandwich
- Fresh, Iowa-grown corn on the cob
- A thick slice of rhubarb pie
- Dutch Letters, delightful pastries filled with almond paste
Or visit one of the many local farmer’s markets to gather your own homegrown produce.
If you enjoy spending time in the great outdoors, you will find plenty of opportunities for whitewater rafting, zip-lining, and spelunking through Iowa’s numerous caves.
Aside from the adventures that await you on your days off, you will also be pleased to know that Iowa offers thriving healthcare options for both city and small-town nursing.
What Are The High-Demand Travel Nursing Specialities in Iowa Right Now?
FAQs About Iowa Travel Nursing
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Des Moines, Iowa?
Are you looking for a travel nursing job in Des Moines, Iowa? Trusted Nurse Staffing has got you covered. Simply create your free online profile and begin your search today. We will even notify you each time a new posting becomes available.
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Iowa City, Iowa?
Interested in Iowa City travel nursing jobs? Iowa City, Iowa is a great place to live and work. Start your search for travel nursing jobs in Iowa City by creating your free online profile with Trusted Nurse Staffing.
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa?
Are you looking for travel nursing jobs in Iowa? Be sure to check out Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Create your free online profile today and one of our Trusted Nurse Staffing recruiters will connect you with a position that is right for you.
Housing For Travel Nurses in Iowa: How Do I Go About Finding Housing?
When you are looking for travel nurse housing in Iowa, you have options:
- You can let the nurse staffing agency do all the work. They will cover all the details to get you set up and ready to go in agency-based housing.
- You can take advantage of the travel nurse agency’s housing stipend and find your own place to live. This option gives you the opportunity to choose the style of housing you would like, such as a studio or one-bedroom apartment, or a standard home. You’ll also be free to pick the neighborhood you would like to live in.
If you opt for finding your own housing, your Trusted Nurse Staffing recruiter will be available to offer insight into where some of our past traveling nurses have stayed. If you like, we can even help you connect with other Trusted Nurse Staffing travel nurses who may be looking for a roommate.
How Do I Find The Best Travel Nursing Agencies In Iowa?
If you feel overwhelmed when you look at the number of options available for travel nursing agencies in Iowa, here are some ideas that may help:
- Get in contact with recruiters from several different agencies. This way you will have an idea of their accessibility as well as how they may support you during your travel nursing jobs in Iowa.
- Check out other nurses’ online reviews about travel nursing agencies offering placements in Iowa.
What Benefits Do I Receive As A Travel Nurse In Iowa?
Travel nursing benefits are different from agency to agency.
When you choose Trusted Nurse Staffing for your travel nursing jobs in Iowa, you will qualify for some benefits not offered by other agencies.
At Trusted Nurse Staffing we provide:
- The highest rate of pay in the industry
- Flexible contracts that range from 6, 8 , and 13 weeks long, plus more
- 401K plans
- Full-time, as well as part-time positions
- Overtime and double-time pay availability
- 24/7 access to your travel nursing recruiter
- A referral bonus plan
- Sign-on and completion bonuses
- A fun loyalty plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plans
- License, CEU, and certification reimbursement
- Housing, meal, and travel allowances
- Customized benefits packages
- A direct deposit payment option
How Long Are Travel Nursing Jobs In Iowa?
Most travel nursing jobs in Iowa will offer a 13-week contract.
However, Trusted Nurse Staffing offers a variety of flexible contracts with options for 6, 8, and 13-week nursing assignments. And if you wind up falling in love with Iowa, your Trusted Nurse Staffing recruiter can help you extend your assignment.