Table of Contents
- Find Current Travel Nursing Jobs in Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Licensure Information and Requirements
- Massachusetts CEU Requirements
- What Is the Average Travel Nursing Salary in Massachusetts?
- How To Become a Travel Nurse in Massachusetts With Trusted Nurse Staffing in Three Simple Steps
- Why Should You Consider Becoming a Travel Nurse in Massachusetts?
- What Are The High-Demand Travel Nursing Specialities in Massachusetts Right Now?
- FAQs About Massachusetts Travel Nursing
Find Current Travel Nurse Jobs in Massachusetts
Massachusetts Licensure Information and Requirements
For the latest up-to-date information on licensure requirements and fees, visit the Massachusetts Board of Nursing website or contact the Massachusetts Board of Nursing licensing division at (800) 414-0168.
Nurses with out-of-state licenses who want to work in Massachusetts must be licensed by the state of Massachusetts.
- Read and sign the Statutes, Rules, Regulations and Policies
- Read the Good Moral Character Requirements for Licensure
- Request license verification. The Massachusetts Board of Nursing permits licensure verification through Nursys.Ⓡ.
- Maintain good moral character, as defined by the Massachusetts state law.
- Request educational documents (do this before beginning the online application)
- Obtain a 2×2 color passport size photo.
- Pass a background check.
- Pass the NCLEX.
- Complete the online application.
- Confirm license on the Massachusetts Health Care Safety & Quality: License Verification Website.
- Have a valid U.S. social security number.
It typically takes 4-6 weeks for a license to process.
Massachusetts is not currently issuing temporary nursing licenses.
Application fees for licensure by endorsement in Massachusetts include:
- $275 application fee
Nurse Licensure Compact Status
Massachusetts does not currently participate in the NLC.
Is Massachusetts a Walk-Through State?
Massachusetts is not a walk-through state.
Massachusetts CEU Requirements
The CEU requirements in Massachusetts are as follows:
- 15 CEUs every 2 years
You are not required to complete any CE requirements for your first renewal.
Acceptable types of CEU programs include:
- Academic courses
- Planned supervised clinical experiences
- Web-based programs
- Home study courses
There is no list of approved CEU programs. It is the nurse’s responsibility to select a CEU program that meets the Board’s regulatory requirements as defined in 244 CMR 5.00: Continuing Education.
What Is the Average Travel Nursing Salary in Massachusetts?
Travel nurse salaries in Massachusetts are $1,542/week.
Although working with Trusted Nurse Staffing means receiving the highest pay in the industry, we believe in giving our even nurses more. That’s why, on top of high earning potential, we also offer:
- Top-notch benefit plans
- Sign-on and completion bonuses
- 24/7 support
- Meal and travel allowances; and
- Much more
Cities in Massachusetts With the Highest Travel Nursing Salaries
The average travel nurse salary in Boston, Massachusetts, is $1,546/week.
The average travel nurse salary in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is $1,596/week.
The average travel nurse salary in Waltham, Massachusetts, is $1,596/week.
The average travel nurse salary in Newton, Massachusetts, is $1,596/week.
The average travel nurse salary in Arlington, Massachusetts, is $1,596/week.
Thousands of Nurses Love Partnering with Trusted Nurse Staffing
Trusted nurse staffing is such a great company to work for and they are so easy to work with. I love using them as my first company for travel nursing!
My recruiter did an amazing job at finding the best fit for me! An outstanding job with communication, updates and ensuring all my questions were answered!!
I have been with Trusted Staffing for about 18 months now. I have essentially been working local contracts, but the experiences have been memorable. My recruiter, is always available when I have a question or concern. Travel nursing is something all nurses should experience. I can't wait until I can do some serious traveling
Every member of this company I’ve interacted with has exceeded my expectations. My recruiter, Alex, is so commutative and goes above and beyond always. I can’t imagine switching to another company!
I have had the best experience with Trusted Nurse Staffing. My recruiter Tom is amazing. He always treats me with respect and as a friend. He is on top of everything I need. And when my Dad passed away, he helped me with time off, no problem and they even sent me a beautiful comfort box that was very helpful. Fully recommend this agency.
How To Become a Travel Nurse in Massachusetts With Trusted Nurse Staffing in 3 Simple Steps
Create a free profile on Trusted Nurse Staffing’s website. Here you can search through the hundreds of open travel nursing jobs in Massachusetts. If you don’t find something right away, we’ll contact you with any new travel nurse jobs in Massachusetts as they become available.
Once you’ve found a job that matches your needs, you’ll connect with one of our fantastic Travel Nurse Staffing recruiters. Your recruiter will answer any questions and help you secure the perfect travel nursing assignment in Massachusetts.
You’ve selected your assignment. Now it’s time to sign your contract, pack your bags, and head to Massachusetts.
If you complete your assignment and find Massachusetts feels like home, our staff can help extend your contract. And the same thing goes if you find you aren’t a fan of Massachusetts or your assignment. As soon as your contract ends, we’ll have your next adventure planned.
Why Should You Consider Becoming a Travel Nurse in Massachusetts?
Whether you’re a lover of lobster, want to bask in colorful autumn leaves, or can’t get enough American history, Massachusetts is a perfect travel nursing destination. And as a travel nurse in Massachusetts, you’ll feel like you’re on vacation anytime you’re not at work.
For many travel nurses, Massachusetts’s world-renowned hospitals like …
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center; and
- New England Baptist Hospital
… are enough incentive to sign a nursing contract in the state.
Sports fans can rejoice since Massachusetts is seemingly obsessed with sports. From hockey to basketball to football to baseball — the state is home to several well-known professional sports teams. Catch a Red Sox game during baseball season, or bundle up and take a trip to see a New England Patriots.
Are you more of a small-town lover? Check out the outskirts of Boston, where you’ll find many suburban areas and tiny towns oozing with character and charm.
Looking for a place to travel where you can enjoy seasonal activities? Massachusetts is for you. Enjoy endless fun during Massachusetts winters, including
- Ice skating
- Snowboarding; and
- Skiing at resorts like Wachusett Mountain or Jiminy Peak
And, Massachusetts summers are magnificent. With temperatures rarely reaching above 90 degrees, you can enjoy ferry rides to Martha’s Vineyard or fly higher than the treetops at one of Berkshire East Mountain Resort’s zip-lining courses.
What Are The High-Demand Travel Nursing Specialities in Massachusetts Right Now?
FAQs About Massachusetts Travel Nursing
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Boston?
Do you want to work as a travel nurse in Boston, Massachusetts? Trusted Nurse Staffing has your back. All you need to do to get started is create an online profile on our website and start your search for travel nursing jobs in Massachusetts, today. Don’t see anything that tickles your fancy? No worries, we’ll update you any time new travel nursing jobs become available.
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Cambridge?
Cambridge, Massachusetts, is a top choice for many travel nurses. All you need to do to get started is create an online profile on our website to see the best travel nursing jobs in Massachusetts.
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Waltham?
Interested in travel nursing jobs in Waltham, Massachusetts? Create an online profile on our website and start your search today.
Housing For Travel Nurses in Massachusetts: How Do I Go About Finding Housing?
Looking for travel nurse housing can be stressful, especially on short assignments. But you have options. You can:
- Look for your own housing — whether that be an apartment, a house, or even an Airbnb. You’ll be responsible for taking care of the lease, furniture, and other details, but will receive a housing stipend to cover the costs.
- Select agency housing. If you choose this route, your recruiter will work with you to secure housing. Your agency will take care of everything.
Travel nurses are unsung heroes. Here at Trusted Nurse Staffing, we want to make everything as simple as possible, so you can continue to focus on making a difference. So, even if you choose to look for your own housing, our recruiters will be here to support you every step of the way.
How Do I Find The Best Travel Nursing Agency in Massachusetts?
Looking for the best travel nursing agency in Massachusetts can feel overwhelming. How do you know which one is really the best? Here are a few steps you can take to ensure you’re signing on with the top travel nursing agency:
- Do a quick search for the agency online. Read the reviews and testimonials other travel nurses have left about working with the agency.
- Get a feel for how different travel nursing agencies in Massachusetts will support you on your journey by interviewing recruiters from the agencies that interest you.
- Ask questions. Learn about the benefits you’ll receive and the contracts you’ll sign. Make sure you know what you’re getting into before signing on with an agency.
Trusted Nurse Staffing believes travel nurses deserve the best of the best. That’s why we’re pleased to offer the top salary in the industry — plus a host of other benefits.
Looking for a supportive agency? Look no further than TNS. Our team of recruiters is available 24/7 to answer your questions or take care of any concerns you may have.
How Long Are Massachusetts Travel Nursing Assignments?
Travel nursing agencies in Massachusetts typically offer 13-week contracts. Trusted Nurse Staffing, on the other hand, believes in offering flexibility. We have travel nursing assignments that range anywhere from 8 weeks to a full year.
And as an added bonus, if you end up loving your stay in Massachusetts, we’ll work with you to extend your contract. If you realize Massachusetts isn’t your cup of tea, we’ll get started on finding you an assignment somewhere else so that when your contract ends, you’re all set for your next travel nurse adventure.
What Benefits Do I Receive As a Travel Nurse in Massachusetts?
Benefits for travel nursing jobs in Massachusetts vary from agency to agency. Always reach out to your recruiter to find out what benefits are offered before signing any contracts.
If you choose to travel with Trusted Nursing Staffing, you’ll receive top-of-the-line benefits, including:
- The highest pay rates in the industry
- 401(k) plans
- Flexible contracts between 6, 8, and 13 weeks long, plus more
- Full-time and part-time work
- 24/7 access and support from your recruiter
- Overtime/double-time availability
- Weekly paychecks, daily pay, and advances offered
- Direct deposit payments
- Housing, meal, and travel allowances
- A customized benefits package
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield insurance
- License, certifications, and CEU reimbursements
- A loyalty program
- Referral bonus plan
- Priority job order bonuses
- Sign-on and completion bonuses