Table of Contents
- Find Current Travel Nursing Jobs in Mississippi
- Mississippi Licensure Information and Requirements
- Mississippi CEU Requirements
- What Is the Average Travel Nursing Salary in Mississippi?
- How To Become a Travel Nurse in Mississippi With Trusted Nurse Staffing in Three Simple Steps
- Why Should You Consider Becoming a Travel Nurse in Mississippi?
- What Are The High-Demand Travel Nursing Specialities in Mississippi Right Now?
- FAQs About Mississippi Travel Nursing
Find Current Travel Nurse Jobs in Mississippi
Mississippi Licensure Information and Requirements
For the latest up-to-date information on licensure requirements and fees, visit the Mississippi Board of Nursing website or contact the Mississippi Board of Nursing licensing division at (601) 957-6300.
If you hold a multi-state nursing license, you’re in luck because Mississippi is a compact state. But, if you hold a nursing license in a state outside the NLC, you can still apply for Mississippi licensure by endorsement.
To receive licensure by endorsement, you’ll need to:
- Have a valid United States social security number.
- Complete the online application.
- Provide your official transcript of graduation from an approved or accredited RN nursing program.
- Pay the application fee of $100.
- Pass a criminal background check. After submitting the endorsement application, you will be able to register for your CBC (criminal background check). You can select either to schedule an appointment to have fingerprinting done at our office, or you may request to have a fingerprint card mailed to you. Please contact our office to speak with the CBC department for additional information.
- Submit the verification of licensure by endorsement form. Verification must be submitted from the location of the first licensing. You must also submit verification from your current location, if different from your initial licensure location. Mississippi permits licensure verification through Nursys®. If your original Board does not participate in Nursys® verifications, you will need to contact your state’s Board of Nursing to inquire how to request the verification.
- Submit evidence of continuing basic nursing competencies outlined below.
The Mississippi board of nursing may grant a nonrenewable, temporary license that is valid for 90 days. The applicant must submit an application for a temporary permit, along with a fee of $25.00.
But, don’t let these requirements overwhelm you! The team at Trusted Nurse Staffing can guide you through every step of the process. And the good news? We reimburse you for all out-of-state licensing fees.
Application fees for licensure by endorsement in Mississippi include:
- Application fee: $100
- Background check: $75
- Temporary permit: $25
Nurse Licensure Compact Status
Mississippi joined the Nurse Licensure Compact in January 2018.
Is Mississippi a Walk-Through State?
Mississippi is not a walk-through state.
Mississippi CEU Requirements
The CEU requirements in Mississippi are as follows:
- 20 contact hours every 2 years
Mississippi CEU requirements include written documentation of one of the following:
- Successful completion of a board-approved Reorientation Program for RNs or LPNs within the previous five-year period prior to application.
- Completion of twenty contact hours of CEU directly related to nursing within the two-year period prior to application. Acceptable CEU offerings are those currently approved, accredited, provided, or offered by a recognized credentialing agency.
- Successful completion of a minimum of three semester hours of nursing credit offered by a nursing education program within the two-year period prior to application. An acceptable nursing program is one that is approved or accredited by the appropriate agency within the state.
What Is the Average Travel Nursing Salary in Mississippi?
The pay for travel nurse jobs in Mississippi is $1,233/week, below the national average of $1,417/week.
But, don’t base your decision to work as a travel nurse in Mississippi on pay alone. The local cost of living will impact your overall take-home as well. Plus, travel nurses with Trusted Nurse Staffing receive added benefits like housing stipends, 401k plans, and signing and completion bonuses.
It’s always best to get a general understanding of what your daily expenses will be in each location and weigh that out with your desire to live a certain lifestyle.
Need help with perspective? Speak to one of the recruiters at Trusted Nurse Staffing to learn a little more about travel nurse salaries in Mississippi before you commit.
Cities in Mississippi With the Highest Travel Nursing Salaries
The average travel nurse’s salary in Southaven, Mississippi, is $1,311/week.
The average travel nurse’s salary in Olive Branch, Mississippi, is $1,308/week.
The average travel nurse’s salary in Jackson, Mississippi, is $1,268/week.
The average travel nurse’s salary in Greenville, Mississippi, is $1,260/week.
The average travel nurse’s salary in Meridian, Mississippi, is $1,256/week.
Thousands of Nurses Love Partnering with Trusted Nurse Staffing
My start as a travel RRT was unique, as within 2 weeks of connecting with Trusted Nurse Staffing I was on my way to my first contract, my home in NY was sold and I bought a new home in Mississippi. I love the fact I can walk out my door and see the Gulf within a couple of hundred feet and don't miss the snow of NY. I'm so glad I chose to take this career path and Trusted Nurse Staffing has been the perfect partner.
Trusted nurse staffing is such a great company to work for and they are so easy to work with. I love using them as my first company for travel nursing!
My recruiter did an amazing job at finding the best fit for me! An outstanding job with communication, updates and ensuring all my questions were answered!!
I have been with Trusted Staffing for about 18 months now. I have essentially been working local contracts, but the experiences have been memorable. My recruiter, is always available when I have a question or concern. Travel nursing is something all nurses should experience. I can't wait until I can do some serious traveling
Every member of this company I’ve interacted with has exceeded my expectations. My recruiter, Alex, is so commutative and goes above and beyond always. I can’t imagine switching to another company!
I have had the best experience with Trusted Nurse Staffing. My recruiter Tom is amazing. He always treats me with respect and as a friend. He is on top of everything I need. And when my Dad passed away, he helped me with time off, no problem and they even sent me a beautiful comfort box that was very helpful. Fully recommend this agency.
How To Become a Travel Nurse in Mississippi With Trusted Nurse Staffing in 3 Simple Steps
Create your online profile on our website, and you’ll immediately have access to postings for travel nurse jobs in Mississippi. If you don’t find anything you like at first glance, don’t worry. We’ll notify you when new travel nurse jobs in Mississippi pop up.
You’ll be introduced to your Trusted Nurse Staffing recruiter who will answer any questions you might have about travel nursing jobs in Mississippi. When you’re ready to apply, your recruiter will be there to help you throughout the entire process.
Select your preferred assignment, sign your contract, and you’ll be on your way.
If you fall in love with Mississippi and don’t want to leave, we can help extend your contract.
Should you decide that you’ve seen and done all that you want to in Mississippi, we’ll arrange your next assignment to the destination of your choice. The moment your contract is completed, you can head out on your next adventure.
Why Should You Consider Becoming a Travel Nurse in Mississippi?
With an incredibly low cost of living, and opportunities to make salaries well above the national average, it’s no wonder travel nurses jump at the chance to work in Mississippi. In addition to the work benefits, Mississippi also offers a unique lifestyle of Southern vibes, delta blues, and foods for the soul.
Stop by Brent’s Drugs in Jackson for a taste of Southern comfort cooking in a 1950s-style diner. Famous for milkshakes and burgers, Brent’s is also known for using locally sourced products. Or head to Biloxi for the Blessing of the Fleet Festival, where locals take part in this 80-year-old tradition while chowing down on some fresh Gulf Coast shrimp.
Clarksdale, Mississippi, with its roots in delta blues, is home to the Ground Zero Blues Club, where local musicians grace the stage on a nightly basis. Stop by and listen to the timeless music of Mississippi. Or, enjoy the blues and some classic Southern fried foods while riding the midway at the Mississippi State Fair.
Want to slow things down a little? Hop on the ferry and visit Ship Island and start your day with a tour of the 19th-century fort, then head over to the Ship Island Snack Bar and load up on your beach essentials before spending the afternoon soaking up some sand and sun. Ferry back to Gulfport and stop at the Chandeleur Brewing Company for an icy cold craft beer to finish off your day.
Sports fans will appreciate a chance to tailgate at The Grove before heading into the stadium for an Ole Miss game. College ball is huge in Mississippi, and you’re sure to find some like-minded people grilling under tents and building up the pre-game excitement. With scrumptious BBQ, cold drinks, and camaraderie like no other, Ole Miss fans will have you cheering for the team in no time.
History buffs are right at home in Mississippi with these interesting attractions that are sure to transport you back in time, and maybe even spook you out. While on assignment in The Magnolia State, check out these cool sites:
- The birthplace of Elvis Presley, a two-room shotgun shack in Tupelo.
- The Windsor Ruins are an eerie reminder of what was once grand but lost to a fire.
- The grave of Florence Irene Ford, with stairs leading down to her coffin so that her mother could comfort her dead daughter during storms.
- Smitty’s Super Service Station is a unique Showbiz pizza animatronic show.
- PlayGarden Park Sculptures where guests are greeted by strange smiling bronze coins and houses.
There’s more to Mississippi than food, music, amazing weather, and wacky adventures. As a travel nurse, you’ll find there is no shortage of positions available at almost 130 hospitals throughout the state. So why not give Mississippi a go for your next travel nurse assignment?
We think you’ll love it.
What Are The High-Demand Travel Nursing Specialities in Mississippi Right Now?
Labor and Delivery
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Post-Anesthesia Care Unit
Intensive Care Unit
FAQs About Mississippi Travel Nursing
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Southaven?
Are you a travel nurse looking for a job in Southaven, Mississippi? Create your free online profile with Trusted Nurse Staffing and you can search for jobs in Southaven today.
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Jackson?
Thinking of a travel nursing job in Jackson, Mississippi? We’ve got you covered. Just create your free online profile, and begin your search. Don’t see anything you like? We’ll notify you when new postings become available.
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Olive Branch?
Do you want to live in Olive Branch? Travel nurses find amazing positions in Olive Branch, Mississippi, with Trusted Nurse Staffing. All you need to do is create your free profile with Trusted Nurse Staffing. One of our recruiters will set you up with the best possible travel nursing jobs in Mississippi.
Housing For Travel Nurses in Mississippi: How Do I Go About Finding Housing?
You have two choices when deciding on your housing in Mississippi. You can:
- Choose to look for your own accommodations, whether it’s a furnished studio or a hotel. You can decide where you want to live and for how long. You’ll even receive a housing stipend to help with the costs.
- Go for agency housing. In this case, your recruiter will work with your needs to place you into ready-to-go housing. All you need are your suitcases.
At Trusted Nurse Staffing, our goal is to make everything as easy as possible for our nurses. So even if you decide to choose your own housing, we’ll be there to assist you. Whether it’s tips on housing used by past travel nurses or connecting you with another travel nurse in Mississippi who is on the lookout for a roommate, we will be there.
How Do I Find The Best Travel Nursing Agency in Mississippi?
Narrowing your search for the perfect travel nursing agency in Mississippi doesn’t have to be challenging. Just follow these simple steps:
- Read testimonials from nurses who have worked with travel nursing agencies in Mississippi.
- Interview recruiters from various agencies to get a feel for how you’ll be supported in your journey.
- Ask about the benefits the agency offers. Salary isn’t all there is to travel nursing, so make sure you’re getting the most you can out of the deal.
At Trusted Nurse Staffing, we offer the best salary in the industry, and we also offer our nurses a host of benefits to ease their transition and sweeten the pot. We take great pride in our 24/7 support system and always have someone standing by to take your call — day or night.
How Long Are Mississippi Travel Nursing Assignments?
Travel nurse jobs in Mississippi usually offer a 13-week contract.
However, with Trusted Nurse Staffing, you’ll have access to assignments starting at as little as 6 weeks and extending up 13 weeks.
And if after your assignment you don’t feel ready to leave Mississippi, we will work with the medical facility to extend your contract for you.
What Benefits Do I Receive As a Travel Nurse in Mississippi?
When you choose a travel nurse job in Mississippi, you’ll be entitled to benefits above and beyond your pay. But not all agencies are created equal. You should always ask what benefits are offered before you commit.
For example, Trusted Nurse Staffing offers:
- Highest pay rates in the industry
- 401(k) plans
- Flexible contracts between 6, 8, and 13 weeks long, plus more
- Full-time and part-time work
- 24/7 access and support from your recruiter
- Overtime/double-time availability
- Weekly paychecks, daily pay, and advances offered
- Direct deposit payments
- Housing, meal, and travel allowances
- A customized benefits package
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield insurance
- License, certifications, and CEU reimbursements
- A loyalty program
- Referral bonus plan
- Priority job order bonuses
- Sign-on and completion bonuses
Why Should I Apply To Travel Nursing Assignments in Mississippi With Trusted Nurse Staffing?
Trusted Nurse Staffing is the premier Mississippi travel nursing agency. Not only do we offer the highest pay, but our nurses also receive a comprehensive benefits package that even includes a referral program our nurses love.
We also believe in being there for our travel nurses before, during, and after each assignment. This is why we offer around-the-clock support. Our dedicated team is ready to answer any questions you may have at any time of the day.
Call and speak to one of our recruiters today to see how Trusted Nurse Staffing can assist you in your next travel nursing adventure.