Traveling isn’t just your job, it’s your passion.
But it’s expensive, especially with prices continuing to rise.
As you prepare for your next adventure, you’re likely here because you’re searching for ways to save. After all, that hard-earned money should be spent enjoying your trips throughout the country!
Trusted Nurse Staffing has you covered.
Throughout this guide, you’ll find information on how to find travel discounts for nurses, including discounts on car rentals, airfare, hotel stays, and more, so you can save and savor every trip as a travel nurse.
Table of Contents
- Do Nurses Get Travel Discounts?
- 3 Ways To Find Travel Discounts for Nurses
- Our Team at Trusted Nurse Staffing Has Done the Research for You: 2023 Travel Discounts for Nurses
- Getting There: Travel Discounts for Nurses
- Sleep in Comfort: Hotel and Resort Travel Discounts for Nurses
- Ride in Style: Car Rental Travel Discounts for Nurses
- Sail the Seas: Cruise Discounts for Nurses
- Have Some Fun on Your Travels: Entertainment Discounts for Nurses
- Travel and Work Across the United States With Trusted Nurse Staffing
Do Nurses Get Travel Discounts?
Yes, nurses may qualify for various travel-related discounts offered to healthcare workers. Some discounts require nurses to verify their identification and job title through third-party systems, while others require your healthcare ID.
Discounts are always changing, and verification methods are constantly being updated. The discounts and information provided in this article are up-to-date as of the publication date.
3 Ways To Find Travel Discounts for Nurses
ID.me is a third-party identification platform that allows healthcare workers, military personnel, first responders, etc. to prove their association to receive discounts on online purchases. While not every retailer provides this option to verify employment, many do.
To find discounts, you’ll need to sign up for a free membership on the ID.me website and verify your healthcare ID and position. From there, you can access the ID.me marketplace and look for discounts specifically for nurses.
Some online retailers require you to log into ID.me to verify your healthcare role prior to providing you with your discount.
ID.me offers many travel discounts for nurses, like:
- Lower hotel rates
- Car rental discounts
- Discounted event and leisure tickets
- And more
#2: Booking Sites
There are so many booking sites for travel on the internet that offer various travel discounts. We’ve narrowed down these booking sites to some of our favorites, specifically for nurses and healthcare providers.
Heroes Vacation Club
Heroes Vacation Club is an online club that offers travel discounts as well as access to hotels, car rentals, resorts, airfare, and more for those who serve our communities.
This includes current and former healthcare workers — nurses included — police officers, firefighters, teachers, military and government workers, as well as their spouses.
Heroes Vacation Club offers a free subscription when you sign up. This membership provides discounts on bookings made through the website. For nurses who want deeper discounts, Heroes Vacation Club offers upgrades to a paid Premium membership anytime.
Availability and terms of Heros Vacation club discounts vary, and the terms and availability can change at any time — the membership details are accurate at the time of publication.
NursesUSA is a travel company providing travel discounts and benefits specifically to nurses and other healthcare providers.
Their mission is to help nurses advance and develop in their careers. Because they recognize the vital role nurses play in the community, they’re on a mission to raise awareness of the issues that impact the profession.
When you sign up for a NursesUSA membership, you can receive a variety of travel discounts, including perks like:
- Member only travel discounts for things like hotels, flights, and rental cars
- Theme park and zoo discounts
- NUSA CityPass® Discounts on various attractions throughout the United States
- Ski resort discounts
- Travel insurance programs
- And more
Getaway offers nurses travel discounts — after being verified by ID.me — on a variety of “getaways”.
They pride themselves on offering users an opportunity to escape reality, sit back, slow down, and disconnect from work and technology.
Currently, Getaway is offering nurses and other healthcare workers 15% off.
Discounts included in this article are valid at the time of publication but are subject to change.
HealthJob offers resources for every stage of your nursing career, including all sorts of travel discounts for nurses, first responders, and other healthcare providers.
The platform partners with hotels, car rental services, and event spaces to offer exclusive discounts to healthcare workers who frequently travel for work.
To use the platform, nurses must visit the website and enter the details about their trip — including the destination, dates they’ll be traveling, etc.
Nurses can use the platform to book:
- Rental cars
- Event spaces; and
- Long-term stay arrangements
Using HealthJob can make it easier for travel nurses to find discounts on travel arrangements, making travel accommodations more accessible.
Finding the right travel discounts for your unique needs may involve research, especially if you want to find good travel discounts.
Making phone calls to your destinations, doing several types of Google searches, and reaching out to your agency, can help you find travel discounts for nurses that may not be advertised.
It never hurts to ask.
Our Team at Trusted Nurse Staffing Has Done the Research for You: 2023 Travel Discounts for Nurses
Getting There: Travel Discounts for Nurses
Deciding how you will get to your travel nursing destination may be one of the most stressful parts of preparing for your trips.
While finding discounts for nurses and healthcare workers may be a bit harder to locate, many ground travel options, like Amtrak and Greyhound, offer a variety of discounts for:
- Booking online
- Group travel
- Specific locations
- Early booking
- And more
While many airlines may not offer discounts for healthcare workers, there are many ways travel nurses can get discounts on their airfare, like:
- Setting up an account with the airlines and receiving notices about travel deals. IE: Southwest and Allegiant airlines often offer extremely low fares if traveling to and from specific destinations.
- Creating accounts with websites like Kayak or Hopper to get alerts on when airfare is lower in price.
- Using a credit card that offers free miles for your purchases — specifically your travel purchases.
Sleep in Comfort: Hotel and Resort Travel Discounts for Nurses
Many hotel chains offer discounts for nurses traveling for leisure or for work. Check out our comprehensive list of hotels offering discounts below:
- Caesars — Planet Hollywood, Rio, Harrah’s Caesars Palace, Flamingo, Paris, Bally’s — offers up to 30% off to nurses with proof of occupation through ID.me.
- InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) hotels like Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc., offer a variety of different discounts for healthcare workers. The discounts often vary based on location.
- In 2022, Hyatt offered healthcare workers and their family and friends a discount by validating their professional status. Contact Hyatt for more information on their new promotions.
- Wyndham resorts offers essential workers, including nurses, complimentary GOLD membership upgrades.
- Marriot hotels also offer a first responder discount of up to 15% off to nurses and military members.
It’s important to note that these discounts may change over time and vary depending on the location and availability.
To find the latest discounts and deals, it’s best to check with the hotel chain directly or through a travel booking platform that specializes in discounts for healthcare workers.
Avista Resort, in South Carolina, offers a variety of discounts for nurses and healthcare workers. Enter the code “MEDICAL” during the booking process to see what you qualify for. Proof of your healthcare ID may be necessary.
Elk Springs Resort in Gatlinburg, TN, offers the Hometown Heroes Discount where nurses can save 10% on their stays.
Great Wolf Lodge offers nurses savings of up to 25% through their Howling Heros discount program.
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin resorts offer nurses a chance to experience Disney magic and stay within minutes of Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios by offering a special rate to show their appreciation for your service to communities. Spend your time off enjoying Mickey and the gang!
Cheeca Lodge and Spa sometimes offers up to 10% off to nurses at specific times of year.
Ride in Style: Car Rental Travel Discounts for Nurses
Figuring out how to get around after arriving at your travel nursing location — or your next vacation — can be an entirely separate challenge from lodging and airfare.
Finding a rental these days can be difficult and cost a pretty penny. Thankfully, several different car rental services offer nurses discounts, including the following:
- Sixt Car Rental offers nurses and other healthcare professionals a 5% discount on their premium car rentals when they book online. Search the website by entering your preferred vehicle and your city, then follow the prompts.
- Hertz, Budget Rental Cars, and Dollar Car Rental all offer up to 25% off for nurses and first responders on rental cars and services. Eligibility through ID.me may be required.
Sail the Seas: Cruise Discounts for Nurses
Sail the seas, explore new coasts, and enjoy your time between assignments with some time onboard a cruise ship! Several cruise lines offer travel discounts for nurses, including:
- Princess Cruise Line occasionally offers special rates to nurses and medical professionals. For more information visit their website for how to get updates.
- MSC Cruises offers up to 10% off cruises for healthcare workers and their family members. Take some time to recoup, renew, and explore the world on your time off of assignment — after all, life is all about balance.
Have Some Fun on Your Travels: Entertainment Discounts for Nurses
Life shouldn’t be all work and no play.
At Trusted Nurse Staffing, we believe in pursuing all of your passions by having the flexibility to do what (else) you love during your travel nursing career.
Check out these entertainment deals offered at various places throughout the country for you to visit on your time off!
iFLY Indoor Skydiving
iFLY is an indoor skydiving center with over 40 locations throughout the U.S. They offer state-of-the-art vertical wind tunnels that provide visitors with the sensation of flying in an indoor, safe environment.
Try it yourself and get up to 20% off your first-time flyer packages as a healthcare worker.
The discounts may only be applicable on specific first-time flyer packages Monday through Friday. Weekends and holidays are blackout days. Valid employee ID required at check-in. More restrictions may apply. Learn more here.
Ready to hit the slopes? Is your career taking you closer to the mountains? Don’t leave for vacation without checking out IKON Pass. IKON Pass is a multi-resort, multi-day pass connecting you with the most iconic mountains worldwide.
With over 54 resorts in the program, you’ll be sure to find some fun. Plus, they offer nurses discounted rates when passes go on sale. To be eligible, you must verify your work status through Sheer ID.
Travel and Work Throughout the United States With Trusted Nurse Staffing
We understand your sense of adventure — and we fully support it!
As a travel nurse working with Trusted Nurse Staffing, you’ll have the support you need to stay passionate about your work while also enjoying your time away from the job.
At Trusted Nurse Staffing, we value our relationship with you. We are dedicated to helping our employees achieve their goals in positions they love. Our representatives are here to help you:
- Customize your resume
- Connect with hiring managers
- With certifications and other compliance requirements
- And more
We invite you to join our family and pursue your passions with Trusted Nurse Staffing.