Traveling isn’t just your job, it’s your passion.
But it can be expensive, especially with prices continuing to rise.
As you prepare for your next adventure, you’re likely here because you’re searching for ways to save. After all, you should be able to make that hard-earned money from your nursing career go as far as possible while enjoying your trips throughout the country!
Trusted Nurse Staffing is here to help you take advantage of the top travel discounts for nurses.
Throughout this guide, you’ll find information on how to find travel discounts for nurses, including discounts on car rentals, airfare, hotel stays, and more so you can save and savor every trip as a travel nurse.
Table of Contents
- Do Nurses Get Discounts on Travel?
- 3 Ways To Find Travel Discounts for Nurses
- Our Team at Trusted Nurse Staffing Has Done the Research for You: 2023 Travel Discounts for Nurses
- Getting There: Travel Discounts for Nurses
- Sleep in Comfort: Hotel and Resort Travel Discounts for Nurses
- Ride in Style: Car Rental Travel Discounts for Nurses
- Sail the Seas: Cruise Discounts for Nurses
- Have Some Fun on Your Travels: Entertainment Discounts for Nurses
- Travel and Work (And Save!) Across the United States With Trusted Nurse Staffing
Do Nurses Get Discounts on Travel?
Yes, nurses may qualify for various travel-related discounts offered to healthcare workers. Some discounts require nurses to verify their identification and job title through third-party systems, while others make you show your healthcare ID.
Discounts are always changing, and verification methods are constantly being updated. The discounts and information provided in this article are up-to-date as of the publication date.
So have fun looking through these discounts and seeing what kinds of awesome deals you can take advantage of for your upcoming travel nursing assignments.
3 Ways To Find Travel Discounts for Nurses
ID.me is a third-party identification platform that allows healthcare workers, military personnel, first responders, etc. to prove their association to receive discounts on online purchases. While not every retailer provides this option to verify employment, many do.
To find discounts, you’ll need to sign up for a free membership on the ID.me website and verify your healthcare ID and position. From there, you can access the ID.me marketplace and look for discounts specifically for nurses.
Some online retailers require you to log into ID.me to verify your healthcare role prior to providing you with your discount.
ID.me offers many travel discounts for nurses, like:
- Lower hotel rates
- Car rental discounts
- Discounted event and leisure tickets
- And more
#2: Booking Sites
There are so many booking sites for travel on the Internet that offer various travel discounts. We’ve narrowed down these booking sites to some of our favorites, specifically for nurses and healthcare providers.
Heroes Vacation Club
Heroes Vacation Club is an online club that offers travel discounts as well as access to hotels, car rentals, resorts, airfare, and more for those who serve our communities.
This includes current and former healthcare workers — nurses included — police officers, firefighters, teachers, military and government workers, as well as their spouses.
Heroes Vacation Club offers a free subscription when you sign up. This membership provides discounts on bookings made through the website. For nurses who want deeper discounts, Heroes Vacation Club offers upgrades to a paid Premium membership anytime.
Availability and terms of Heroes Vacation Club discounts vary, and the terms and availability can change at any time — the membership details are accurate at the time of publication.
NursesUSA is a travel company providing travel discounts and benefits specifically to nurses and other healthcare providers.
Their mission is to help nurses advance and develop in their careers. Because they recognize the vital role nurses play in the community, they’re on a mission to raise awareness of the issues that impact the profession.
When you sign up for a NursesUSA membership, you can receive a variety of travel discounts, including perks like:
- Member-only travel discounts for things like hotels, flights, and rental cars
- Theme park and zoo discounts
- NUSA CityPASS® Discounts on various attractions throughout the United States
- Ski resort discounts
- Travel insurance programs
- And more
Getaway offers nurses travel discounts — after being verified by ID.me — on a variety of “getaways.”
They pride themselves on offering users an opportunity to escape reality, sit back, slow down, and disconnect from work and technology.
Currently, Getaway is offering nurses and other healthcare workers 15% off.
Discounts included in this article are valid at the time of publication but are subject to change.
HealthJob offers resources for every stage of your nursing career, including all sorts of travel discounts for nurses, first responders, and other healthcare providers.
The platform partners with hotels, car rental services, and event spaces to offer exclusive discounts to healthcare workers who frequently travel for work.
To use the platform, nurses must visit the website and enter the details about their trip — including the destination, dates they’ll be traveling, etc.
Nurses can use the platform to book:
- Rental cars
- Event spaces; and
- Long-term stay arrangements
Using HealthJob can make it easier for travel nurses to find discounts on travel arrangements, making travel accommodations more accessible.
Finding the right travel discounts for your unique needs may involve research, especially if you want to find good travel discounts.
Making phone calls to your destinations, doing several types of Google searches, and reaching out to your agency can help you find travel discounts for nurses that may not be advertised.
It never hurts to ask.
Here are some specific ideas you can use in your research to find the best travel nurse discounts possible.
Look Through Local Pages on Social Media
When you have a destination in mind, that city’s social media pages are great places to find out about area shopping, dining, and local events. Many businesses use these pages to advertise discounts and specials.
This can not only help you learn about lots of fun new places but could also save you a little money in the long run.
Make Sure You’re Part of the Travel Nursing Online Community
Speaking of social media, online platforms such as The Gypsy Nurse and Travelers and Recruiters Unite! Facebook groups are fantastic places to get tips from other travel nurses about the best travel deals, discounts, and more.
You can also check out these helpful websites or social media groups to get travel discount tips from fellow nurses:
- Travel Nursing Newbies
- Travel Nursing Community
- ER Travel Nurses
- National Association of Travel Healthcare Organizations (NATHO)
- Professional Association of Nurse Travelers
- And many more
Browse Coupon Code Websites
Frequent visits to coupon code websites could help you find specific discounts when you’re traveling.
Some of our favorites include:
Search for Healthcare Worker Discounts
We’ve given you tons of great resources to find discounts above, but new options are being added all the time. When you know your travel destination and some of the activities you’d like to do in the area, you can search those specific sites to see if they offer discounts for travel nurses like you.
Look for the Best Travel Discount Apps
Instead of having to research each company individually, what if there were a service that could gather all the information you need in one place? Fortunately, there are tons of travel apps that have already done all the work for you!
Some of the best travel discount apps we’ve seen include:
- AroundMe – This app lets you bring up all the businesses of a certain type that are near you and compare prices to help you get the best deal possible.
- GasBuddy – Find the best gas prices and rewards wherever you are.
- CityPASS® – See the most popular attractions at your travel location on a budget.
- Undercover Tourist – Find the best deals on popular theme parks in your area.
Make Sure You Know Your Reimbursement Options
The best travel nurse agencies offer reimbursement for travel expenses or even a per diem in addition to regular pay. Make sure you know what’s included in your contract to help cover expenses. While this isn’t a discount per se, it can really help you stretch your travel budget and allow you to see more of the world.
At Trusted Nurse Staffing, we offer one of the most competitive benefits packages in the industry. In addition to the highest pay rates around and generous bonus packages, you can expect stipends for housing, meals, and travel.
Our Team at Trusted Nurse Staffing Has Done the Research for You: 2023 Travel Discounts for Nurses
You can definitely do your own research and see what kinds of amazing travel nurse discounts you can find for yourself — but let’s face it, we know how busy you are! So why not take advantage of the work we’ve done for you and the firsthand reports we’ve gotten from other travel nurses about some of the best deals around for people just like you?
Check out our list of the best travel deals for nurses this year.
Getting There: Travel Discounts for Nurses
Deciding how you will get to your travel nursing destination may be one of the most stressful parts of preparing for your trip.
- Booking online
- Group travel
- Specific locations
- Early booking
- And more
While many airlines may not offer specific discounts for healthcare workers, there are many ways travel nurses can get deals on their airfare, like:
- Setting up an account with the airlines and receiving notices about travel deals. Southwest and Allegiant Airlines often offer extremely low fares if traveling to and from specific destinations.
- Creating accounts with websites like Kayak or Hopper to get alerts on when airfare is lower in price.
- Using a credit card that offers free miles for your purchases — specifically your travel purchases.
Sleep in Comfort: Hotel and Resort Travel Discounts for Nurses
Many hotel chains offer discounts for nurses traveling for leisure or work. Check out our comprehensive list of hotels offering discounts below:
- Caesars – Planet Hollywood, Rio, Harrah’s Caesars Palace, Flamingo, Paris, and Bally’s offer up to 30% off to nurses with proof of occupation through ID.me.
- InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) hotels like Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc., offer a variety of different discounts for healthcare workers. The discounts often vary based on location.
- In 2022, Hyatt offered healthcare workers and their family and friends a discount by validating their professional status. Contact Hyatt for more information on their new promotions.
- Wyndham resorts offer essential workers, including nurses, complimentary GOLD membership upgrades.
- Marriott hotels also offer a first responder discount of up to 15% off to nurses and military members.
It’s important to note that these discounts may change over time and vary depending on the location and availability.
To find the latest discounts and deals, it’s best to check with the hotel chain directly or through a travel booking platform that specializes in discounts for healthcare workers.
Avista Resort in South Carolina offers a variety of discounts for nurses and healthcare workers. Enter the code MEDICAL during the booking process to see what you qualify for. Proof of your healthcare ID may be necessary.
Elk Springs Resort in Gatlinburg, TN, offers the Hometown Heroes Discount where nurses can save 10% on their stays.
Great Wolf Lodge offers nurses savings of up to 25% through their Howling Heros discount program.
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin resorts offer nurses a chance to experience Disney magic and stay within minutes of Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios by offering a special rate to show their appreciation for your service to communities.
Cheeca Lodge and Spa sometimes offers up to 10% off to nurses at specific times of the year.
Ride in Style: Car Rental Travel Discounts for Nurses
Figuring out how to get around after arriving at your travel nursing location — or your next vacation — can be an entirely separate challenge from lodging and airfare.
Finding a rental these days can be difficult and cost a pretty penny. Thankfully, several different car rental services offer nurses discounts, including the following:
- Sixt Car Rental offers nurses and other healthcare professionals a 5% discount on their premium car rentals when they book online. Search the website by entering your preferred vehicle and your city, then follow the prompts.
- Hertz, Budget Rental Cars, and Dollar Car Rental all offer up to 25% off for nurses and first responders on rental cars and services. Eligibility through ID.me may be required.
Sail the Seas: Cruise Discounts for Nurses
Sail the seas, explore new coasts, and enjoy your time between assignments with some time onboard a cruise ship! Several cruise lines offer travel discounts for nurses, including:
- Princess Cruise Line occasionally offers special rates to nurses and medical professionals. For more information visit their website for how to get updates.
- MSC Cruises offers up to 10% off cruises for healthcare workers and their family members. Take some time to recoup, renew, and explore the world on your time off of assignment — after all, life is all about balance.
Have Some Fun on Your Travels: Entertainment Discounts for Nurses
Life shouldn’t be all work and no play.
At Trusted Nurse Staffing, we believe in pursuing all of your passions by having the flexibility to do what (else) you love during your travel nursing career.
Check out these entertainment deals offered at various places throughout the country for you to visit on your time off!
iFLY Indoor Skydiving
iFLY is an indoor skydiving center with over 40 locations throughout the U.S. They offer state-of-the-art vertical wind tunnels that provide visitors with the sensation of flying in an indoor, safe environment.
Try it yourself and get up to 20% off your first-time flier packages as a healthcare worker.
The discounts may only be applicable on specific first-time flier packages Monday through Friday. Weekends and holidays are blackout days. A valid employee ID is required at check-in. More restrictions may apply. Learn more here.
Ready to hit the slopes? Is your career taking you closer to the mountains? Don’t leave for vacation without checking out IKON Pass. IKON Pass is a multi-resort, multi-day pass connecting you with the most iconic mountains worldwide.
With over 54 resorts in the program, you’ll be sure to find some fun. Plus, they offer nurses discounted rates when passes go on sale. To be eligible, you must verify your work status through Sheer ID.
Travel and Work (And Save!) Throughout the United States With Trusted Nurse Staffing
We understand your sense of adventure — and we fully support it!
As a travel nurse working with Trusted Nurse Staffing, you’ll have the support you need to stay passionate about your work while also enjoying your time away from the job.
At Trusted Nurse Staffing, we value our relationship with you. We are dedicated to helping our employees achieve their goals in positions they love. Our representatives are here to help you:
- Customize your resume
- Connect with hiring managers
- With certifications and other compliance requirements
- And more
We invite you to join our family and pursue your passions with Trusted Nurse Staffing. Check out our Pronto job search to help you find jobs, compare pay, and get to work — then start looking for all the discounts available at your new assignment!