Table of Contents
- Find Current Travel Nursing Jobs in New York 2024
- New York Licensure Information and Requirements
- New York CEU Requirements
- What Is the Average Travel Nursing Salary in New York?
- How To Become a Travel Nurse in New York With Trusted Nurse Staffing in Three Simple Steps
- Why Should You Consider Becoming a Travel Nurse in New York?
- What Are The High-Demand Travel Nursing Specialities in New York Right Now?
- FAQs About New York Travel Nursing
Find Current Travel Nurse Jobs in New York
New York Licensure Information and Requirements
For the most up-to-date information regarding New York licensure information and requirements, please visit the New York State Education Department.
New York is a non-compact state, meaning nursing professionals looking to get an additional license in New York must apply for licensure by endorsement.
The following requirements must be met:
- Submit your application for licensure and pay applicable fees
- Pass the NCLEX-RN for licensure
- Submit a verification of nursing degree
- Submit Verification for Endorsement through NursysⓇ
- Complete New York State coursework in child abuse identification and infection or submit a qualified exemption
New York State provides RNs who are licensed and in good standing temporary authorization to practice if an application for licensure in NYS is pending a determination.
RNs and LPNs (or LVNs) applying for licensure by endorsement must include a $143 fee.
Nurse Licensure Compact Status
New York is not a compact state. You must be licensed and registered as an LPN or RN by NYSED to practice nursing in the state.
Is New York a Walk-Through State?
No, New York is not a walk-through state.
New York CEU Requirements
New York continuing education requirements are as follows:
- Three contact hours in Infection Control at initial licensure and every 4 years
- One-time requirement of two hours in Child Abuse Identification and Reporting
What Is the Average Travel Nursing Salary in New York?
The average salary for travel nurses in New York is $2,539 per week.
Cities in New York With the Highest Travel Nursing Salaries
The average salary for travel nurses in Queens, New York is $2,998 per week.
The average salary for travel nurses in Brooklyn, New York is $2,858 per week.
The average salary for travel nurses in the Bronx, New York is $2,764 per week.
The average salary for travel nurses in New York, New York is $2,762 per week.
The average salary for travel nurses in Utica, New York, is $2,697 per year.
Thousands of Nurses Love Partnering with Trusted Nurse Staffing
Trusted nurse staffing is such a great company to work for and they are so easy to work with. I love using them as my first company for travel nursing!
My recruiter did an amazing job at finding the best fit for me! An outstanding job with communication, updates and ensuring all my questions were answered!!
I have been with Trusted Staffing for about 18 months now. I have essentially been working local contracts, but the experiences have been memorable. My recruiter, is always available when I have a question or concern. Travel nursing is something all nurses should experience. I can't wait until I can do some serious traveling
Every member of this company I’ve interacted with has exceeded my expectations. My recruiter, Alex, is so commutative and goes above and beyond always. I can’t imagine switching to another company!
I have had the best experience with Trusted Nurse Staffing. My recruiter Tom is amazing. He always treats me with respect and as a friend. He is on top of everything I need. And when my Dad passed away, he helped me with time off, no problem and they even sent me a beautiful comfort box that was very helpful. Fully recommend this agency.
How To Become a Travel Nurse in New York With Trusted Nurse Staffing in 3 Simple Steps
Getting started is easy! First things first — use our Pronto job search to see the listing for travel nurse jobs in New York. Pronto gives you easy access to what’s available in all areas of interest throughout New York. Travel nurses can view listings, compensation information, benefits, and more.
You’ve found an assignment that piques your interest — it’s time to apply. First you’ll sign up and sign into Pronto, click “apply” and follow the prompts.
You can take care of the entire application process within Pronto, including uploading documents and credentials, choosing your start date, and more.
If you’re an experienced travel nurse, you can likely manage the application process on your own through Pronto. If not, reach out to one of our support members — we can walk you through the entire process from start to finish.
You’ve found your dream assignment and applied. Now it’s time to sign your contract, pack your bags, and get on your way.
Did you love your New York assignment? When your contract is complete, Trusted Nurse Staffing can help you extend your contract. Are you ready to move on? We can help you find your next travel nurse state at your convenience.
Why Should You Consider Becoming a Travel Nurse in New York?
It comes as no shock that New York is a popular travel nursing destination. With many hospitals and healthcare facilities, travel nurses flock to assignments in the “Empire State”.
As a travel nurse to New York, you will never have a dull moment. The state is known for its iconic attractions and the possibilities for weekend road trips are virtually endless.
If you accept one of the many New York travel nurse jobs you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Catch a Broadway show
- Feel the mist of Niagara Falls
- Tour the Statue of Liberty
- Take a stroll through Central Park
- Visit Rockefeller Center
- Twirl around in Times Square
- Check out the New York Stock Exchange
- Go deep-sea fishing off the shores of Long Island
- Hike the Catskill Mountains
- Take a Sunday drive through the scenic Hudson Valley
- Take a tour of the Vanderbilt mansion
- Ride the New York subway
- Take in the New York City Ballet
And what about New York travel nurse jobs? With a grand total of 215 hospitals in the state, there is no shortage of travel nurse assignments in New York.
What Are The High-Demand Travel Nursing Specialities in New York Right Now?
Labor and Delivery
Post-Anesthesia Care Unit
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Intensive Care Unit
FAQs About New York Travel Nursing
What Are Your Active Travel Nurse Assignments in New York City?
Are you interested in New York City travel nurse assignments? Go to Pronto to search for active travel nurse jobs in New York City. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Pronto will alert you when new travel nurse jobs in New York City become available.
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in New Hyde Park?
Looking for travel nurse positions in New Hyde Park, New York? Go to Pronto to search for active travel nursing jobs in New Hyde Park, New York.
What Are Your Active Travel Nursing Jobs in Buffalo, New York?
Are you looking for Buffalo, New York travel nurse jobs? We’ve got you covered. Look on Pronto for active Buffalo travel nurse listings. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Pronto will notify you when new listings become available.
Which New York Travel Nurse Jobs Have the Lowest Cost of Living?
It’s no secret — the cost of living in the Empire State is considerably higher than other states.
One way to get the most out of your New York travel nurse job is to choose an assignment in a city with a lower cost of living.
These cities top the list when it comes to being the most economical places to live in the state of New York:
- Niagara Falls
- Port Washington
New York Travel Nurse Housing: How Do I Go About Finding Housing?
“Choosing to accept a stipend doesn’t mean that your recruiter at Trusted Nurse Staffing won’t be there to help you along the way. Connect with us, and we can give you insights into the various areas and even connect you with rental properties used by travel nurses in the past.”
What Benefits Do I Receive as a Travel Nurse in New York?
Travel nurse benefits will vary from agency to agency.
When you choose Trusted Nurse Staffing over the other travel nursing agencies in New York you will have benefits not offered by some other agencies.
At Trusted Nurse Staffing you will receive:
- 401(k) with 4% match after 1,000 hours and 1 year of employment
- Weekly Paychecks
- Direct Deposit
- Overtime/Double Time is Available
- Customizable Pay Packages
Top-Tier Bonus Opportunities:
- $1500 Referral Bonus Program
- Loyalty Program
- Sign-on & Completion Bonus
- Discount Program
Leading Health & Wellness Benefits:
- Employer Sponsored Health Insurance
- HRA Card to fully cover healthcare deductibles
- Guardian Dental and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Benefits
Additional Insurance Benefits:
- Portable Permanent Whole Life Insurance
- License, Certifications & CEU reimbursements
- Portable Short-term/Longterm
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible contract options
- Full/Part Time Work, Per Diem
- Housing, Meal and Travel Stipends
- Rental Car Options
Best In Class and Communication:
- On Day 1, you’ll get matched with your own dedicated support team that includes clinical support, payroll, and compliance experts, with ongoing assignment advocacy.
Why Should I Apply For New York Travel Nurse Jobs With Trusted Nurse Staffing?
Trusted Nurse Staffing is different from other travel nursing agencies.
Not only do we offer great benefits, but at Trusted Nurse Staffing, we offer personalized support for our nurses around the clock. Our support team is available 24/7 to answer your questions and provide you with the highest level of care before, during, and after every nursing assignment.